Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2018 Football Schedule Released

• Administrators

texgd17flg.jpg

The Big 12 Conference unveiled 2018 team football schedules on Thursday morning, and the Longhorns will begin play on September 1st against Maryland.  The opener will take place at FedEx Field, home of the Washington Redskins, in Landover, Maryland.  Additional non-conference games include Tulsa (September 8) and USC (September 15), both of which will be played in Austin.

Texas opens conference play at home against TCU on September 22 and finished regular season play in a matchup with the Kansas Jayhawks on November 23 in Lawrence.

Full 2018 Texas Longhorns Schedule

2018 Texas Football Schedule
Sept. 1 – at Maryland
Sept. 8 – TULSA
Sept. 15 – USC
Sept. 22 – TCU*

Sept. 29 – at Kansas State*
Oct. 6 – vs. Oklahoma* (Dallas)
Oct. 13 – BAYLOR* 
Oct. 27 – at Oklahoma State*
Nov. 3 – WEST VIRGINIA*
Nov. 10 – at Texas Tech*
Nov. 17 – IOWA STATE*
Nov. 23 – at Kansas*

Home games noted in bold
*Signifies away game

So we play an away game at Kansas on Friday of Thanksgiving Weekend.

Certainly have entered strange times. I remember all those years driving east 290 Wed after class, then either through Brenham or take 21 through Bryan, eventually getting to Huntsville and on down the road into E. Texas, that time of year with a game at Austin or College Station. Trees bare. Special time of year. A game that made sense.

Decades later...  at Kansas. I just looked out the window. No flying cows. So I guess it's not a dream.

1 hour ago, Epictetus said:

So we play an away game at Kansas on Friday of Thanksgiving Weekend.

Certainly have entered strange times. I remember all those years driving east 290 Wed after class, then either through Brenham or take 21 through Bryan, eventually getting to Huntsville and on down the road into E. Texas, that time of year with a game at Austin or College Station. Trees bare. Special time of year. A game that made sense.

Decades later...  at Kansas. I just looked out the window. No flying cows. So I guess it's not a dream.

Soooo soon we forget who put the finger that still sits in our eye.

I don't miss aggy. I don't miss the two weeks of berating by family members with half the IQ of my dog. I don't miss being lil brother's super bowl, a program willing to stink up a whole season for the sake of one game.

I don't miss the fact that win or lose, we'll have to hear sheep molesters scream "SEC! SEC! SEC!" after the game.

KSU (not kansas, so give yourself a break here) will be a very entertaining game. And we'll play that game and not have to wade through a sea of weirdness to get home.