Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who's Starting QB vs Baylor???

DBut82

1 hour ago, Dbut82 said:

I totally understand your point.  I say Heard mainly because neither of our other QB's are healthy.  But if Shane is healthy enough you start him.  But you HAVE to have Heard ready.  I believe that with a decent and limited game plan, Heard can be effective.  It becomes more than a "package" at that point.  He's your guy so you prepare him as such.  I also believe Heard being a running threat will open holes in the run game.  Remember how effective Benson was after Vince became the full time starter.  Of course not to that extent but I definitely believe Heard/Warren/Carter can rack up yards on the ground...

Your right on the money. I believe he was like #1 dual threat for his class so no tellin what he coulda been if he had this coaching staff all along. Possible a Jalen hurts honestly. An arm can b developed with the right coach. But now that it’s been a couple years it’s hard for me to imagine. Kid is a athlete though. D1 capable in QB and WR wow

1 minute ago, mctmatt said:

Good point about the injury to Heard's hand as I forgot about that.  So we basically do not have a healthy QB at this time. 

I believe that was 3 weeks ago or maybe even before the by week. Was stepped on in practice and was his right hand. Kids been making plays so I’m goin to assume he can go just fine. MYbe covey is the answer :P

2 hours ago, okiehorn said:

I believe that was 3 weeks ago or maybe even before the by week. Was stepped on in practice and was his right hand. Kids been making plays so I’m goin to assume he can go just fine. MYbe covey is the answer :P

Might as well go with Poona the teams MVP thus far.  I bet he can take the pounding and probably grins afterward.  

Short and Squatty be like:

42e767c9a089a2c55ee04662359ff806--chicag

s_perry.jpg

40 minutes ago, Dbut82 said:

Anyone know how much prep Heard has in regards to a backup qb role this week? I know Shane is starting but do we know how healthy that ankle is? I believe we'll see Jerrod and do we have any idea how prepared he is?

As far as we know Heard is getting the same amount of reps as he did previously when he took practice snaps at QB. 

We havent heard anything about Shane’s ankle being an issue this week. 

9 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

As far as we know Heard is getting the same amount of reps as he did previously when he took practice snaps at QB. 

We havent heard anything about Shane’s ankle being an issue this week. 

Good deal. Thanks @Daniel Seahorn That ankle isn't an issue until it is. Hopefully it'll be a non factor. Considering the ineptitude of Baylor's dline, I hope our oline has enough pepper in their shaker to keep Shane upright and clean