Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heard’s Throwing Hand

longhorn_mig

17 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

I wasn’t able to listen to the presser, and my buddy thought it was the throwing hand but couldn’t remember. Seeing if anyone else listened to the presser and could confirm.

I read my comment again and I honestly didn't mean to sound like an asshole.  Yes, I heard Herman say he got stepped on in practice that cut him pretty deep.  Although he never said throwing hand, but he did use his right hand to illustrate where the cut was.

This is from Hook 'Em.com by AAS:

3. The reason Jerrod Heard wasn’t used at quarterback against Iowa State was because he got stepped on during practice last week and required 19 stitches on his hand, Herman said. Heard ended up with two receptions for 17 yards.

https://www.hookem.com/football-news/football/tom-hermans-press-conference-buecheles-boot-ehlingers-status-williams-knee

More about Heard and QB's in general:

On the quarterbacks: I don't know. I don't know, because I've never been in a position where you only have two on scholarship. So that always makes me nervous, when the only other one you've got, you're going to throw them in there and run the risk of injury and now you're down to one. So we'll continue to Jerrod's practice -- the reason you didn't see Jerrod, he required 19 stitches. He got stepped on in practice on Wednesday, and cut his hand all the way into the meat, I guess, is the best way to put it. So, I don't know. It's something that we -- Tim and I talk about from time to time. And maybe as the season progresses you're more apt to do that.

On if you need a mobile quarterback for this offense to be successful: I don't think JT Barrett is much better runner or faster or anything than Shane or Sam. I mean did all right with him and Cardale (Jones). I think you need a guy that can improvise and make plays with his feet, but you don't need Braxton Miller or Greg Ward, Jr. As I said before, it helps. As you saw, we converted a third and short and a fourth and short running a quarterback sweep with Shane in there. And those always help because you add an extra blocker. But you don't need that kind of dynamic ability. You need a steady guy that's going to make a few yards when the yards present themselves.

19 minutes ago, Dbut82 said:

Any update on this injury?  We'll need all hands on deck these next few weeks...

If he was able to give it a go only a few days after getting stitches, I would expect him to be fully available this week. The wildcat package may be on the shelf for a while, but it's not like they were having ample success out of it anyway.

20 minutes ago, Jameson McCausland said:

If he was able to give it a go only a few days after getting stitches, I would expect him to be fully available this week. The wildcat package may be on the shelf for a while, but it's not like they were having ample success out of it anyway.

Thanks Jameson.  The "success" of that package kinda falls on Beck.  The vanilla play calling from that formation has left a lot to be desired. I do think we'll see more diversity from that package probably around the RRR....just my opinion; which doesn't account for much :P