Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****Texas vs. USC Game Thread*****

Aaron Carrara

• Administrators

The Texas Longhorns (1-1, 0-0) will face the USC Trojans (2-0, 0-0), the sixth meeting between the two teams, at the Los Angeles Coliseum today at 7:30 pm.  Texas looks to carry their momentum from the 56-0 win over San Jose State last weekend and win its second straight game, in the team’s first road contest of the season.  USC, ranked #4 in the country, holds a 2-0 record after defeating Western Michigan in the season opener, and dismantling #14 Stanford at the Coliseum last weekend.  The two teams last met in the 2005 BCS National Championship Game in which the Longhorns prevailed 41-38.

Texas coach Tom Herman boasts impressive career numbers against ranked opponents as a head coach, with a perfect 6-0 record against ranked opponents, including a 3-0 record against Top-10 opponents.

Texas Longhorns vs. USC Trojans

Date:  Saturday, September 16th, 2017

Time: 7:30 PM CST

Television: FOX

Venue: Los Angeles Coliseum

Relevant Articles and Information:

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Okay, here's what I posted last Saturday in the San Jose State game thread. Page 11 of that thread, last post on that page. 

You heard here first. I'm calling it. We beat USC. And, no, I haven't started drinking yet.

•  

Is Vince Young going to jump into Heard's uniform?

I hope your right. I hope your right.

I hate/love this part of the week. Over the course of the last 3 weeks my feelings for the Horns have been  disgusted, encouraged, and at this moment somewhere between hopeful and excited. I know in three hours my state of heart and mind will shift dramatically to the positive or negative pole. My weekend will be awesome or terrible due to one event.  I tell myself every week "guard your heart, don't get invested, don't drink the Kool- Aide". Then I spend hours on Hornsports reading news and comments and get sucked back in again. Nothing I can do about it now. Horns up!!! Let's get this game started. Time for Horns to shut the doubters up and remind the world WE ARE TEXAS you better learn to deal with it. Woooooooo!

14 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

I hate/love this part of the week. Over the course of the last 3 weeks my feelings for the Horns have been  disgusted, encouraged, and at this moment somewhere between hopeful and excited. I know in three hours my state of heart and mind will shift dramatically to the positive or negative pole. My weekend will be awesome or terrible due to one event.  I tell myself every week "guard your heart, don't get invested, don't drink the Kool- Aide". Then I spend hours on Hornsports reading news and comments and get sucked back in again. Nothing I can do about it now. Horns up!!! Let's get this game started. Time for Horns to shut the doubters up and remind the world WE ARE TEXAS you better learn to deal with it. Woooooooo!

Ricky....it is called being a fan. Frankly, if you dont feel exactly that way then you are NOT a fan....you are a bystander. You know who bystanders are dont you?...They are those sorry bastards that get better seats than you do and spend the whole game getting up and down to buy some crap that you cant afford and wont shut the hell up talking about their sorry assed kids.

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

Ricky....it is called being a fan. Frankly, if you dont feel exactly that way then you are NOT a fan....you are a bystander. You know who bystanders are dont you?...They are those sorry bastards that get better seats than you do and spend the whole game getting up and down to buy some crap that you cant afford and wont shut the hell up talking about their sorry assed kids.

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

Well said, OH2.  They're not just sorry bastards, they're sorry rat bastards!