Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now Mack says Longhorn Network is bad for Texas..

beevomav

Mack doesn't coach anymore. Oh he stands on the sideline and wears head phones like a real coach but he has nothing to do with what plays the offense runs or what coverage's the defense is in. He just stands there and makes $5 million a year and for that Texas has a 18-14 record in his last few years. Worse is now he hates the Longhorn Network.

Not earning his pay check is not enough for Mack, now he is against the Longhorn Network. He complains it takes too much of his time. Hell why not take off during the game Mack, it's not like you are needed? Then he goes farther about the network. "I didn't ask for it," Brown said about LHN. "We were given a deal we had no input in."

He even complains about having to tape two ankles if a guy goes down to avoid the cameras seeing which one is hurt. He actually went there.

Then there is this..Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro told Yahoo! Sports' Eric Adelson, the Longhorns maybe need to get back to playing football and not "worrying about the stuff that you get distracted with at Texas like the Longhorn Network, all the fans, all the glory, Nike and all that stuff." His coach could benefit from that advice.

So, Texas fans, if you're upset your team is tied for fifth place in the Big 12 with a 2-2 mark, you know who to blame, and it's not Mack Brown. Blame the Longhorn Network instead.

Can we get this jerk out of Austin, like tomorrow?

The above is highlights of a column by Yahoo Sports..Here is a link:

Mack Brown complains that the Longhorn Network is negatively affecting Texas

Edited by beevomav

• Administrators

If true, that article is just bizarre. Mack has gone over the edge. Biting the hand that feeds you is one that comes to mind. For 5 million a year he should tape 3 LHN shows a week AND sing zippity doo da after each one.

The ankle taping thing is crazy too. I say we put every player in a neck brace when the cameras are around...

Sounds like Mack is angry and very frustrated. He expects everyone to unconditionally support him and the program without criticism. Time for him to practice what he preaches.

Yes and according to Mack's logic, everything would be fine and the team would be undefeated if only we didn't have the LHN. This from the guy who says if you complain you are not a real Texas fan. I do wonder what his bosses think of his attitude?

I read another article and he said showing the first 30 minutes of practice, he believes, give their opponents tendencies. Earth to Mack...Coach they have film from previous games. The biggest gripe is he has to film three shows a week and it takes away from his time..If he is not the highest paid coach in the NCAA then he is in the top 2-3, so shut the EFF up and earn that money.

The Link to the Dallas Morning News article:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-longhorns/20121022-mack-brown-longhorn-network-gives-foes-advantage-on-overexposed-ut.ece

Mack doesn't coach anymore. Oh he stands on the sideline and wears head phones like a real coach but he has nothing to do with what plays the offense runs or what coverage's the defense is in. He just stands there and makes $5 million a year and for that Texas has a 18-14 record in his last few years. Worse is now he hates the Longhorn Network.

Not earning his pay check is not enough for Mack, now he is against the Longhorn Network. He complains it takes too much of his time. Hell why not take off during the game Mack, it's not like you are needed? Then he goes farther about the network. "I didn't ask for it," Brown said about LHN. "We were given a deal we had no input in."

He even complains about having to tape two ankles if a guy goes down to avoid the cameras seeing which one is hurt. He actually went there.

Then there is this..Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro told Yahoo! Sports' Eric Adelson, the Longhorns maybe need to get back to playing football and not "worrying about the stuff that you get distracted with at Texas like the Longhorn Network, all the fans, all the glory, Nike and all that stuff." His coach could benefit from that advice.

So, Texas fans, if you're upset your team is tied for fifth place in the Big 12 with a 2-2 mark, you know who to blame, and it's not Mack Brown. Blame the Longhorn Network instead.

Can we get this jerk out of Austin, like tomorrow?

The above is highlights of a column by Yahoo Sports..Here is a link:

Mack Brown complains that the Longhorn Network is negatively affecting Texas

I think the time that the LHN takes for coaches to do shows and players to be interviewed is a distraction. There has always been a double standard with certain coaches if Mack complains it's not considering whining. But if someone such as Nick Saban makes they same argument it's considered gospel. If Mack would have said would have said a few weeks ago what Saban had said about spread offenses the same things would have been said about Mack but again Saban says it so it has to be a real gripe or complaint. Look Mack has made mistakes like all coaches have made but I find it ironic that many of the same people who are complaining and hating now are the same ones who were not giving credit when Texas was winning in 2005,2008, and 2009. The typical response then was well the only reason Mack is winning is because he had Vince, Colt etc. But yet again when Saban wins it's all because he is a great coach, never a mention of all the great players he has. The double standard is in full affect in my opinion.

Mike, you make good and valid points. I think the biggest thing that gets in Mack's way over the years is when things go bad or not up to standard he gets defensive and starts making mountains out of mole hills. I have always been a huge Mack fan and I believe he "was" the right man for Texas at the time but I also believe that by his own doing, he has set this program back and maybe it's getting to be that time for him to move on into retirement. As much as a lot of us don't want to say so, this is beginning to look like a football program in quicksand and it can't get completely fixed with its current structure. If Texas isn't careful, it will become Florida St. during the last 5 years of Bowdens tenure. Is that fair to the Texas fan base?

Mike, you make good and valid points. I think the biggest thing that gets in Mack's way over the years is when things go bad or not up to standard he gets defensive and starts making mountains out of mole hills. I have always been a huge Mack fan and I believe he "was" the right man for Texas at the time but I also believe that by his own doing, he has set this program back and maybe it's getting to be that time for him to move on into retirement. As much as a lot of us don't want to say so, this is beginning to look like a football program in quicksand and it can't get completely fixed with its current structure. If Texas isn't careful, it will become Florida St. during the last 5 years of Bowdens tenure. Is that fair to the Texas fan base?

True but I think the expectation for this year has always been 8-4 to 9-3 and hopefully win your bowl game. Now we can argue if that is not good enough. But I feel after the 2010 disaster Mack would get four years, so I do think next year will be vital. If he goes 11-1 or 8-4 next year I think he will retire.

• Administrators

The beauty of it is that we CAN have this debate and that we are having it. We need to show progress this season in my opinion. As long as we are getting out of the mess we have been in for the last two years and moving onward and upward (which includes at least 9 wins this season) I am content with the season - with the expectation that we win at least 10 games NEXT SEASON.

Like we talked about on the Orange Report last week though - his losing record against Oklahoma and lack of Big 12 Championships is inexcusable. We should have more than 2 Big XII Championships under Brown. heck, John Mackovic has won more conference titles than Mack thus far. That's not particularly good news. When you essentially have a two-team conference (with an occasional surprise team) Texas should be winning at least half of them. Stoops has won 7 Big 12 titles.

Liek Coach Royal knew when his time had come to an end as head coach at Texas, Mack will know his as well.

The LHN is a distraction but Mack's timing is horrible. Funny that the only coach that didn't have a complaint was the OC and he said..problem..what problem? Mack is like the poker player..Winners tell stories and the losers say shut up and deal. Mack is losing.

Progress. I see no progress, especially on defense. We have had 63-50-48-36-31 laid on us in 7 games. We may indeed go 8-4 and some will look at the record and see something to build on. I see nothing with this head coach.

I am with CoachB in that I don't want Texas to become Fla St. Mack had his time and it is done. I had little confidence in the guy before but now with the whining, I have even less. It is time to retire him to a desk.

Sorry, but I am a Texas homer and not a coach homer. How many more ass whooping s are we going to endure and then have to listen to Mack tell us the belt was too short.

True but I think the expectation for this year has always been 8-4 to 9-3 and hopefully win your bowl game. Now we can argue if that is not good enough. But I feel after the 2010 disaster Mack would get four years, so I do think next year will be vital. If he goes 11-1 or 8-4 next year I think he will retire.

I agree with you Mike. After the debacle in 2010 when he decided to ditch the spread offense, which i am completely in favor of, he would be given 4 years to rebuild from that. Unfortunately there was the recruiting mistake with Gilbert, who never lived up to his promise, leaving us a year behind with Ash and Case, who were never ready to assume the starting role that quickly. I have seen nothing but great strides made with the offense. Ash is coming into his own, and we are STACKED at the running back position. Remember we are 6th in the nation in scoring offense. If our defense was half of what it was expected to be this year, we would all be praising Mack for what he has done in a short time with a complete overhaul. Personally, i think Diaz gave one hell of a great interview. On the defensive side of the ball, we are fundamentally lacking what it takes to be a team defense. Poor tacking, not knowing the schemes, just unprepared. Mack has tried to cover for Diaz by blaming the turns the college game has taken, now the LHN comments. And to tell you the truth, i want my coach to give the image that everything is OK on the inside with the staff... but its not... and i know as Alums, fans, and texans, we know its not. It cant be right.. Mack has gone from having one of the best defenses in the nation, to this... You can tell with the way he coaches the games... He still calls a conservative game at times, expecting his defense to be there. He knows better than anyone its not right. We have all been put in positions in life, where we asked or hired someone to perform and they underachieved our expectations. Case in point. I fully expect at the end of the season for Diaz to be let go, or better yet another position at another university to open up for him. Remember WE ARE TEXAS, we do things right... we carry ourselves with the highest of standards in life... academically and with our athletics. HOOK EM