Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Daniel Seahorn

It Begins.... (2017 Fall Camp Thread)

A healthy Warren, Johnson and Porter and the position doesn't look weak at all.  A healthy Warren is an elite running back (my opinion).  There was not too much difference between he and Foreman when they were both healthy.  It isn't inconceivable that Warren, Johnson and Porter are all in the lineup for game 1, is it?  Johnson probably the most unlikely. 

"A healthy Warren..."  I know, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts.....

Anyone really think Sam has a legit shot to be the starting QB?

I'm leaning as this is a way to motivate Shane a little more. But if Sam really became the starter... all I would say is Wow.

No...Herman is blowing smoke.  He has a history of having his backup ready to go.  

I keep hearing the team talk about how much stronger they are now and how they have more energy.

Did this team ever condition or weight lift in prior seasons?

They absolutely went thru S&C prior to Herman. To be fair we typically hear these things when new regimes roll in. Was the same way with the previous staff.

They absolutely went thru S&C prior to Herman. To be fair we typically hear these things when new regimes roll in. Was the same way with the previous staff.

Yea after multiple players it started to feel like fall camp kool-aid again.  I remember how the players used to call Shawn "Cool Cat" Watson the QB whisperer.  

Are there any stats to prove the team is actually stronger this fall camp?

I remember hearing something about Malik Jefferson was able to bench press more than he could squat.  I believe Herman mentioned it in a Spring PC.  I dont remember the exact story though but was shocking nonetheless.

I realize most of this kool-aid is to pay omage to the new coaching staff but sometimes its hard to filter the BS from the legit news.

Its hard to project results when the staff has not coached here yet and our players have played awful the last 8 or so years. HOWEVER all i gotta say is one word .. MENSA. Herman will figure it out and go down as the all time winning-est coach in school history. MARK MY WORDS. HOOKEM