Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Daniel Seahorn

It Begins.... (2017 Fall Camp Thread)

Boy oh boy whoever that is that comes in at the end meant business. Love to see the pursuit

See that's my issues as a person. You see the good, I see #15 Chris Brown blow right by him a miss the first tackle 🙄 Good moves on offense though!

I know I'm beating a dead horse but I Can't believes Armanti isn't starting. I know that room is deep but I loved watching him play last year. Just surprised is all. Haven't seen his Name one time. Heard Herman bring him up 1 times so far in practice. Was hoping for a big year for the young man. Watching the E60 on him and D'onta I have mad respect for him. Would t go anywhere without his brother etc.

See that's my issues as a person. You see the good, I see #15 Chris Brown blow right by him a miss the first tackle 🙄 Good moves on offense though!

It's the coach in me. You always think you can teach a skill, it's much harder to teach effort and desire

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

A couple of quotes from the article:

“I like him more than other kickers that have been around because he's halfway normal and I think he's got a bit of a toughness to him,†Herman. “We ended today's practice with a two-minute drill needing a field goal to win. Then we simulated bobbling a snap where the holder fell on the ball, called timeout so now we've got to go back and try it again. Then we iced him, and then had the whole team come out, form a tunnel of noise and he nailed the thing right through the uprights.â€

During his four seasons at Sam Houston State, Herman worked as the special teams coordinator and his philosophy since then has been to rest players on offense or defense if they need a breather — it doesn’t happen on special teams.

Here is the latest list of injuries for the Longhorns

Sr S  Jason Hall (concussion)
Jr OL Terrell Cuney (concussion)
Jr OL Elijah Rodriguez (high ankle sprain)
So DE Malcolm Roach (turf toe sprain)
Fr(RS) DL Andrew Fitzgerald (knee hyper extension)
So RB Kyle Porter (shoulder sprain)
Jr DB John Bonney (knee)
Fr DB Josh Thompson (lower leg strain)

Here is the latest list of injuries for the Longhorns

Sr S  Jason Hall (concussion)
Jr OL Terrell Cuney (concussion)
Jr OL Elijah Rodriguez (high ankle sprain)
So DE Malcolm Roach (turf toe sprain)
Fr(RS) DL Andrew Fitzgerald (knee hyper extension)
So RB Kyle Porter (shoulder sprain)
Jr DB John Bonney (knee)
Fr DB Josh Thompson (lower leg strain)

We're pretty banged up right now. Roach injury may be a problem, could lag all season. 

Shoulder sprain is not a good injury for a RB (as if there is a good injury, lol). But a RB's shoulders are going to be hit almost every play.

Two concussions. Hate to see that. You only get so many before you have to hang it up. But it does say we've been hitting.

Hope Thompson recovers quickly. I hear he's tearing it up out there. I've been told he's a notch above most others out there, even as a frosh.

Update on Kate. Turns out, the alert is on hold as apparently said prospect has received some advice from dad that he should hold off. However, no other school is in play, Texas is the one. He was ready to come aboard despite having said he would wait until mid-season. So Dad could relent and our star player could become a Horn any time. IMO, he'll either go ahead and come right before season starts, or will wait until the October guys come on.

I do think we pick up Ghirmai on the 21st. So Kate is having some punch, doing some stretching and waiting for the next dance.