Daniel Seahorn

It Begins.... (2017 Fall Camp Thread)

I read that Beck has a foot fracture. Not sure about C. Brown. The Beck injury is devastating because of the Reese suspension. Thank goodness for the grad transfer. Brewer and G. Gray will have to see the field now.

Doc Longhorn can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think foot fractures aren't nearly as serious as breaking other limbs. I've had one myself and was back in no time. This will be weeks, not months.

You miss Beck because of course he's good and he's experienced. But we should be fine. You game plan with what you've got. Plus, we have some athletes who can play multiple positions. I'm sure Herman will move someone over for depth. Who knows, maybe we stumble onto a TE. Too bad we didn't try one of our QBs there last year. lol

Doc Longhorn can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think foot fractures aren't nearly as serious as breaking other limbs. I've had one myself and was back in no time. This will be weeks, not months.

You miss Beck because of course he's good and he's experienced. But we should be fine. You game plan with what you've got. Plus, we have some athletes who can play multiple positions. I'm sure Herman will move someone over for depth. Who knows, maybe we stumble onto a TE. Too bad we didn't try one of our QBs there last year. lol

Fairly certain Beck has injured his foot before, I think a fracture. These can have delayed healing and are a risk to derail his season.

I have an idea.... Flex Lil Jordan and let him create havoc on defenses.

I'm not sure the TE position is that important in today's college football unless you have one who is a true dual threat, receiving and blocking.  Seems like opposing defenses and coordinators wouldn't have difficulty matching up if your personnel package has TE's who are adept at only one skill.  An offense can surprise you from time to time, ex. goal line situation, but I think if you have to be thin at one position, TE would be the one I would choose if I had to.  Hook' em. 

It was a non-contact drill injury to his previously injured foot per BC and he could require another surgery. If so, probably out for 2017. Let's hope Kendall Moore can play!

If the previous injury was a fracture and the same fracture has broken again it could actually be the end of his career.

Even with surgery sometimes those screws just won't hold.

if we are going to keep posting pictures of our equipment room on social media then we need to get herman to renovate that room, otherwise we need to have all pictures taken of the locker room. That room looks like its from the 90's.

Peyton Manning's wardrobe looks like it's from the 90's hahahahah

Does anyone else get the feeling Herman is BSing us in regards to the QB battle. Unless Ehlinger is a step above Buechele in the competition, why would you start a true freshman? Everything Herman is saying seems to fly in the face of "sources" stating that Buechele is the most accurate passer Herman has ever coached.

Does anyone else get the feeling Herman is BSing us in regards to the QB battle. Unless Ehlinger is a step above Buechele in the competition, why would you start a true freshman? Everything Herman is saying seems to fly in the face of "sources" stating that Buechele is the most accurate passer Herman has ever coached.

Yes he is just blowing smoke. But at the same time competition is pushing Sam. He won't be there yet though. Boo will be named the starter after this weekends scrimmage. Just something psychological Herman does. My 2 cents