Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Joeywa...

I hate to admit this but...  I love baseball but haven't kept up with college baseball or, more important, Longhorn baseball like I should but am going to make and effort to turn that around.  That said...would you have the time/energy to do a "State of the Program" and positions of need analysis?  I'll admit that I'm a little lazy and haven't searched the board for one so if you've already done one could you point me to the thread?

Joeywa...

I hate to admit this but... I love baseball but haven't kept up with college baseball or, more important, Longhorn baseball like I should but am going to make and effort to turn that around. That said...would you have the time/energy to do a "State of the Program" and positions of need analysis? I'll admit that I'm a little lazy and haven't searched the board for one so if you've already done one could you point me to the thread?

Once we get through summer and into fall, I'll try to work with the guys here and put something together. It's a bit early to know a whole lot until we see/hear about these guys once they get to Disch.

Great job Don. That kid has a terrific swing path, very compact should translate well

Thank You

He is a great young man, that I have been fortunate to have seen 4-5 times over the last couple of years.

There are two other catchers that I really like in the class of 2018, I have no idea on how the coaching staff can separate these 3..

Is Tanner Witt related to Bobby Witt who used to pitch for the Rangers?

I don't think so, now Bobby Witt has a very talented son in the Class of 2019 that has committed to Oklahoma.

Tanner Witt's Dad is the Hitting Coach for the Marlins Triple A team in New Orleans .

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

RHP Class of 2017, Nico O'Donnell from Churchill High School also plays for the San Antonio Angels during the summer. Just pulled the trigger. Nico had originally been committed to Midland Junior College.

Some old footage from 2016

Donald

I am a little confused about the timing of baseball recruiting. Is there a college NSD for baseball?

And is O'Donnell supposed to be enrolling in August? On the team for next year?

In Baseball, there are two signing periods, the normal one(Early Signing Period) starts in the Middle of November, this is the one that about 90% of the players sign.

Then there is a 2nd one in Spring, I can't remember that actual start date.

Nico is part of the 2017 Class that will be here in August.

Roster has to be closed to full now right???

They have some wiggle room for (Fall enrollees) 2017 due to the draft losses.  The (Fall enrollees) 2018 class is pretty full.