Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Donald Boyles

Longhorn Baseball Players in the Summer League

Also

CALIFORNIA COLLEGIATE LEAGUE

Orange County-

Parker Joe Robinson

Tate Shaw

NORTHWOODS LEAGUE

Rochester-

Beau O'Hara

Zach Zubia

Kalamazoo-

Beau Ridgeway

CAL RIPKEN LEAGUE

Trace Bucey

How are players placed on summer league teams? Invitations? Players make requests? A little of both? Do they have to pay to play on these teams? Players pay for room and board I assume?

Generally the baseball coaches will arrange where the kids that want to play in summer go. There's often a small player fee for some of the teams-pays for field use, umpires, baseballs, etc. A lot of players will live with host families for their summer league. There are leagues like this all across the country. There's a newer league in Texas, the CenTex Collegiate League. A lot of lesser known/smaller school kids play in that one.

Generally the baseball coaches will arrange where the kids that want to play in summer go. There's often a small player fee for some of the teams-pays for field use, umpires, baseballs, etc. A lot of players will live with host families for their summer league. There are leagues like this all across the country. There's a newer league in Texas, the CenTex Collegiate League. A lot of lesser known/smaller school kids play in that one.

The CenTex Collegiate League has been around for as long as I can remember. Maybe since 2002, maybe longer. I know that the ownership as changed 2-3 times over the years.

Looks like the league has some better owners;

https://gc.com/g/CCBL_2017

The CenTex Collegiate League has been around for as long as I can remember. Maybe since 2002, maybe longer. I know that the ownership as changed 2-3 times over the years.

Looks like the league has some better owners;

https://gc.com/g/CCBL_2017

Maybe that's where I got mixed up on it. When I read up on them I seem to recall they shut down for a couple of seasons or more but came back recently. Maybe it was merely a change in ownership. I'll have to go find what I read and reread it. Ha. Thanks Don!

Maybe that's where I got mixed up on it. When I read up on them I seem to recall they shut down for a couple of seasons or more but came back recently. Maybe it was merely a change in ownership. I'll have to go find what I read and reread it. Ha. Thanks Don!

The winner of the CenTex league has always earn a trip to the NBC World Series;

https://nbcbaseball.com/leagues/