Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LSU Pressure Shuts Down A 2nd Satellite Camp In LA

LSU is being incredibly petty when it comes to other schools recruiting their state. Texas schools should play hardball right back if they try to cross the border IMO.

https://twitter.com/sipetethamel/status/874819287579492352

That seems petty by LSU if true. I hope the HS coaches in Louisianna take notice and there is some backlash for this. Also hope Texas HS coaches keep LSU out of the state of Texas. This would've been a good opportunity for lesser known athletes to get some exposure. Way to think of the kids Mr. Ed.

Absolutely friggin ignorant of him is more like it. Translation in what he's trying to say is I don't want to get my ass whooped in recruiting by other schools that want are interested in talented prospects that have a chance to show other schools what abilities they have. They need to worry about other SEC schools than UT.

How exactly are these camps blocked? Do the state schools have veto rights? Seems like the hosting school should call the shots.

Apparently political pressure applied to the schools hosting these Texas camps.  

I read there was threats regarding stadium leases etc.  

Belhaven’s camp—originally slated for BREC Memorial Stadium in Baton Rouge—appeared to be in danger early this week, as political pressure on a local high school coach threatened the stadium agreement. Belhaven coaches had linked up with Memorial Stadium officials, Mumme said, and agreed to pay them $500 for the use of the stadium to host the camp. But Louisiana political forces managed to end that planned camp. After Mumme signed the initial deal, he got a call from an assistant superintendent in Baton Rouge, who invoked a loophole in the paperwork that forced Belhaven to move the camp from BREC Memorial Stadium.

The irony is rich here. Without Texas players, lsu would not be at the level that they are currently, but he feels the need to block kids that for the most part aren't even being offered a scholly by his school, but wants to be welcomed by Texas HS to pluck kids out of Texas and into his lap? Here's where the almighty Texas HS coaches need to step up and start guiding their athletes away from this ass hat. Hope this backfires on him big time.

I like how Herman handled outside threats coming onto their turf. They didn't shut it down... they showed up and let it be known they won't be conceding kids to anyone.

Agree

This situation also handed Herman a big recruiting tool vs LSU, imo. "LSU won't even let me come to camps in LA, but if they want to come to our camps in Texas I have no problem with it. I want the kids in our state to get every shot they can to play college football at its highest level. All the exposure they can get. Isn't it unfair to you, and your fellow football players here in LA that Coach O is limiting your exposure? He can't sign all of you. But you know another reason I don't mind? Because I have faith in myself as a coach, and faith in our coaches and players. We're going to win no matter if Urban Myer or Nick Saban come camping in our state. We can't be scared of that." (just an example, I'm not fantasizing here).

Rack him, though.

Agree

This situation also handed Herman a big recruiting tool vs LSU, imo. "LSU won't even let me come to camps in LA, but if they want to come to our camps in Texas I have no problem with it. I want the kids in our state to get every shot they can to play college football at its highest level. All the exposure they can get. Isn't it unfair to you, and your fellow football players here in LA that Coach O is limiting your exposure? He can't sign all of you. But you know another reason I don't mind? Because I have faith in myself as a coach, and faith in our coaches and players. We're going to win no matter if Urban Myer or Nick Saban come camping in our state. We can't be scared of that." (just an example, I'm not fantasizing here).

Rack him, though.

I hope your right, but I doubt it. At least with Louisiana kids. Hopefully, with Texas recruits it will.