Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Danny Hale

2017 schedule

If you look at Texas schedule you have 4 games each month for 3 months also Sept & Oct each month has 1 Marquee game away from DKR.

September Texas has to be no worse than 3-1. weakest opening 4 games in some time (Maryland,San Jose & Iowa st) but USC is best team Texas has played non conference since Ohio St 2005-06.

October is the key with ou in Dallas and home games with Kstate & Osu road game at baylor. 3-1 record here and Horns bowl destination improves.

November has road games at Tcu & Wvu Texas needs at least split here to have legit chance at 8 wins. home games with Kansas & Tech.

if Herman can get 9 wins he will sign top 3 recruiting class for 2018 

If you look at Texas schedule you have 4 games each month for 3 months also Sept & Oct each month has 1 Marquee game away from DKR.

September Texas has to be no worse than 3-1. weakest opening 4 games in some time (Maryland,San Jose & Iowa st) but USC is best team Texas has played non conference since Ohio St 2005-06.

October is the key with ou in Dallas and home games with Kstate & Osu road game at baylor. 3-1 record here and Horns bowl destination improves.

November has road games at Tcu & Wvu Texas needs at least split here to have legit chance at 8 wins. home games with Kansas & Tech.

if Herman can get 9 wins he will sign top 3 recruiting class for 2018 

I think 3-1 in Sept is completely doable. But I am just hoping we can stay on the field with USC. They were a very good team at the end of the year last year.

Agree, October is crucial. We beat OU, IMO. But OSU could be a problem. I think we'll beat KSU but it will be a dogfight.

WVU strikes me as a team we really should be talking more about. That will be a very difficult game. I think we beat TCU, but again, it will be a dogfight.

Notice the trend I'm showing you – winning dogfights. I think Herman's attention to detail gets us over that hump.

Kansas and Tech need to be statement games. Like 55-14 type statements. Beat the teams you're supposed to beat. And beat them badly.

IMO, we get to 10 wins. The 10th may come in a bowl.