Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

***Long Beach Regional Official Weekend Thread***

joeywa

Just getting to this

To the question on replay, it will be used innSuoers this year. Don't know why thy don't use it in the Regionals.

Cantu had a really rough night out there. Not his best game by any stretch.

Thanks for keeping the chatter going during this extremely frustrating game. The thing that will be remembered from this one was the absolutely horrific umpiring that we witnessed. Blue had no consistent strike zone with anyone. The zone for Johnston was different than what it was for Henley than what it was for LBSU pitchers. Awful. This may have been worse than some of what we saw in the Big12 this year, and that is saying something.

That said, Texas has to hit the ball. The pitching that was put out there today was average at best. Hitters were guessing a lot early on. There were ABs where the bat never left the player's shoulder. Chasing off speed pitches was the theme of the day.

Lace Em up and we will do it again tomorrow. I a man going to try and be there, but it's going to be a real stretch due to some commitments I have this week.

HookEm 🤘🏻🐂⚾️

To the question on replay, it will be used innSuoers this year. Don't know why thy don't use it in the Regionals.

Cantu had a really rough night out there. Not his best game by any stretch.

Thanks for keeping the chatter going during this extremely frustrating game. The thing that will be remembered from this one was the absolutely horrific umpiring that we witnessed. Blue had no consistent strike zone with anyone. The zone for Johnston was different than what it was for Henley than what it was for LBSU pitchers. Awful. This may have been worse than some of what we saw in the Big12 this year, and that is saying something.

That said, Texas has to hit the ball. The pitching that was put out there today was average at best. Hitters were guessing a lot early on. There were ABs where the bat never left the player's shoulder. Chasing off speed pitches was the theme of the day.

Could not have said it better Joeywa

I hope this schedule out there serves as one more reminder why UT shouldn't be in the Pac 12.

Statements like these always make me laugh.

• The 8 PM PDT first pitch is/would not be the norm for PAC baseball games.
  • The 8 PM start time was decided by ESPN & the NCAA. 
  • While the start tonight is ridiculous, (even for those of us out West-TRUST ME,) it is not some sort of conspiracy created by the anti-UT-to-PAC consortium.
  • The angst by Texas fans about moving to any conference is funny to me.  Texas, and by extension, its fans, will do just fine anywhere that it ends up. 
  • The late start time of a CWS Regional Game is not going to be in any conversation between the powers-that-be when it comes to discussion of Conference Realignment.
  • Just sit in the comfort of your own bed, watch the game, flip off the tube and get some sleep, being  thankful that you don't have a long drive post-game to get to your next destination. ;)

Statements like these always make me laugh.

• The 8 PM PDT first pitch is/would not be the norm for PAC baseball games.
  • The 8 PM start time was decided by ESPN & the NCAA. 
  • While the start tonight is ridiculous, (even for those of us out West-TRUST ME,) it is not some sort of conspiracy created by the anti-UT-to-PAC consortium.
  • The angst by Texas fans about moving to any conference is funny to me.  Texas, and by extension, its fans, will do just fine anywhere that it ends up. 
  • The late start time of a CWS Regional Game is not going to be in any conversation between the powers-that-be when it comes to discussion of Conference Realignment.
  • Just sit in the comfort of your own bed, watch the game, flip off the tube and get some sleep, being  thankful that you don't have a long drive post-game to get to your next destination. ;)

These game times don't affect just baseball. It's all sports. Fans would grow weary of this in a hurry.

These game times don't affect just baseball. It's all sports. Fans would grow weary of this in a hurry.

This is a conversation for another thread, but for discussion's sake, IF Texas were to go to the PAC, and that's an awfully big IF, they would probably play in a South or East division.  Games vs opposite (North/West) division teams would be limited to probably 2-4 games/series in each sport annually, with these games being split Home/Away.

Of those games that would be in the Pacific time zones, (you are looking at playing, say, 2 football games out there,) the start times would probably be garner prime viewing time slots on Saturdays.  Noon or 3 PM PST.  Rarely would it be either a week night game or late game unless Texas really sucked. 

Texas is a HUGE viewership draw for football and the conferences and networks know this.  Putting them in a time slot that precluded TV sets being on is a bad business model.  They are all about TV revenue, and TV's turned off are not good for business.

Same would go for Baseball.  As an example, Oregon State had exactly 2 home games this season that started after 5:35 PM PST.  Only the Friday games vs Cal & AZ began later, at 7 PM PST.