Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

***Long Beach Regional Official Weekend Thread***

joeywa

So they care enough about Texas TV sets to start the game at 10 o'clock Texas time?

Conferences & Universities do, as do conference networks, which is why you see favorable TV scheduling. 

Today's start time was done solely by the NCAA and ESPN. 

You are trying to pair this NCAA scheduling issue of a championship game in California with a potential conference change to the PAC and how their scheduling will work.  At this point, the latter doesn't exist, so it's a non-factor.  You must separate the two.  Apples and oranges. 

Bottom line, when it comes to the CWS, you want to play at a more favorable venue with better TV times, finish the regular season better and host.  Texas didn't and was sent to Long Beach.  You take the cards you're dealt. 

And Bear, you should probably be taking a nap right about now, so you can stay up and watch tonight.  :D

Why is this game so late? No prior games on site, awfully late even for California time...unless they all work until 7:45 PM...at which time OU still sucks.

Maybe they were trying to let the CA traffic die down so fans could make it.  Nah.  Who am I kidding?  Traffic in CA sucks all the time.  ;)

Maybe they were trying to let the CA traffic die down so fans could make it. Nah. Who am I kidding? Traffic in CA sucks all the time. ;)

Are you still on site? Is your son slated to play summer ball somewhere this year? His knee still doing well?

Joey

You are contradicting yourself. ESPN is television. Remember? Conferences generally schedule games whenever the TV big boys tell them.

You are mixing the two conversations. 

Convo 1: Tonight's game-Scheduled by the NCAA and ESPN, with NCAA dictating how they want coverage laid out.

(Note: we have 7 of the series currently going to day #4, prob not expected by NCAA.  Additionally, rain delays have 2 other series moved to Monday games.)

Convo 2: Potential PAC move.

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. 

My take on pitching for tonight.

For Texas, Kennedy prob gets the ball in all likelihood tomorrow. And we have Shugart, Ridgeway and Schimpf coming out of the pen.

LBSU is pretty well depleted and will be by committee. My guess is that they'll prob either start Riley, who has a wild streak, or Fields. Both are Freshmen RHPs.
Riley: 2-1, 3.20 ERA, 23 appearances (0 starts), 24 K, 12 BB in 19.2 IP
Fields: 2-0, 3.31 ERA, 5 appearances (2 starts), 11 K, 4 BB, 16.1 IP

They also have Baayoun, Smith (maybe an inning if that), Advocate and possibly Castro available for some spot duty.

Just my 2-cents

Also, tonight will be rocking in Blair Field

My take on pitching for tonight.

For Texas, Kennedy prob gets the ball in all likelihood tomorrow. And we have Shugart, Ridgeway and Schimpf coming out of the pen.

LBSU is pretty well depleted and will be by committee. My guess is that they'll prob either start Riley, who has a wild streak, or Fields. Both are Freshmen RHPs.

Riley: 2-1, 3.20 ERA, 23 appearances (0 starts), 24 K, 12 BB in 19.2 IP

Fields: 2-0, 3.31 ERA, 5 appearances (2 starts), 11 K, 4 BB, 16.1 IP

They also have Baayoun, Smith (maybe an inning if that), Advocate and possibly Castro available for some spot duty.

Just my 2-cents

Also, tonight will be rocking in Blair Field

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011

I assume you are not "going to Blair without a ticket"😎

<p>Statements like these always make me laugh.

• The 8 PM PDT first pitch is/would not be the norm for PAC baseball games.
  • The 8 PM start time was decided by ESPN & the NCAA.
  • While the start tonight is ridiculous, (even for those of us out West-TRUST ME,) it is not some sort of conspiracy created by the anti-UT-to-PAC consortium.
  • The angst by Texas fans about moving to any conference is funny to me. Texas, and by extension, its fans, will do just fine anywhere that it ends up.
  • The late start time of a CWS Regional Game is not going to be in any conversation between the powers-that-be when it comes to discussion of Conference Realignment.
  • Just sit in the comfort of your own bed, watch the game, flip off the tube and get some sleep, being thankful that you don't have a long drive post-game to get to your next destination. ;)

I just want Texas out of the big 12-2.

PAC12 has the best destinations IMO so that's why I've always supported the move West.