Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
mitchlovell96

Anybody ever been to a football game @TCU

I believe this year I will be attending the Texas vs TCU game in November as my 2nd Longhorn game in my life as many of you I can't wait for the season! Anyone have any experiences or anything they'd like to share about TCU's stadium?

Let's all hope we play TCU better than we did in the strong era lol

Haven't been to Amon Carter in many years, pre-renovation. It's smaller than DKR, and the fans are more on top of the field.

Fans are a bit more cocky than back in the SWC days. You'll have a good time, though.

i went to a UT/tcu game back in the 90's.  i was living in the dallas area at the time, didn't have tickets; went to the field on game day; bought some tickets cheap.  i don't think the guy selling them knew the stadium very well.  they were 50 yard line tickets.  of course, tcu wasn't that great back then so maybe it wasn't that great of a deal.   :) .  UT won that night.

I've been the all the UT games at Amon G bc I can get free tickets and it's an easy drive. Tail gating is pretty good. South of stadium is more greek parties and north of the stadium more fans/alumni. Lots of bars within walking distance. Parking is awful, so either get there super early or park somewhere far from the stadium and walk or catch a shuttle.  

Went to the Texas/TCU game in Fort Worth back in the mid-80's. The one where it rained cats and dogs if anyone else remembers.

I went to the one at TCU in 84 but as someone has mentioned, the stadium and campus has changed a lot since then. I remember Fred Akers let someone else call the offense cause Texas did things that game they never did before or again that year. It was also the last win for Texas that year.

i went to a UT/tcu game back in the 90's. i was living in the dallas area at the time, didn't have tickets; went to the field on game day; bought some tickets cheap. i don't think the guy selling them knew the stadium very well. they were 50 yard line tickets. of course, tcu wasn't that great back then so maybe it wasn't that great of a deal. :) . UT won that night.

We couldn't even scalp our tickets in the early 90s. There was literally zero demand.

I dated a TCU cheerleader for awhile and sat through plenty of games.  The game day atmosphere's great, the campus is beautiful, tailgating is pretty good and there are plenty of bars within walking distance.  After the game things to do...if you like mexican food then stop by Uncle Julio's (great salsa), go to Billy Bob's for live music, dancing and drinking, and the stockyards for sightseeing to name a few. 

I dated a TCU cheerleader for awhile and sat through plenty of games. The game day atmosphere's great, the campus is beautiful, tailgating is pretty good and there are plenty of bars within walking distance. After the game things to do...if you like mexican food then stop by Uncle Julio's (great salsa), go to Billy Bob's for live music, dancing and drinking, and the stockyards for sightseeing to name a few.

There is a place east of Joe T's called El Asadero. It is delicious. I also like Uncle Julio's. You are right. Really good salsa. Try the local joint. I think you'll like it. If you are a drinker go by Joe T's for some margs on the patio first then on to El Asadero.

I went my freshman year back in 2013. The game was delayed for several hours due to rain, but Texas clobbered TCU. This was the game that Mack decided to burn Swoopes' redshirt. I didn't get home until 6 in the morning, but it was a blast. Nice stadium, much smaller than DKR. 

There is a place east of Joe T's called El Asadero. It is delicious. I also like Uncle Julio's. You are right. Really good salsa. Try the local joint. I think you'll like it. If you are a drinker go by Joe T's for some margs on the patio first then on to El Asadero.

Totally forgot about Joe T's...they do have very good margaritas!