Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In Regards To Reports On Erick Fowler

It has been reported that Erick Fowler is no longer on the team. First reported by Eric Nahlin of InsideTexas.

The AD could not confirm the dismissal of Erick Fowler at this time.

If true:

Another big loss of the Texas defensive depth chart with the loss of Erick Fowler. He was quite talented.

He was playing ILB and had a shot at having a good amount of playing time.

The new trio at ILB will likely be Wheeler, Johnson, and Hager.

For those who remember the 2016 cycle, Erick Fowler barely made it to campus, and it was a small miracle that he did. Reports coming out state that he was unreliable, meaning always late and missing events.

Fowler had difficulties getting into school and I was hoping he would take advantage of his opportunity. Being a talented athlete is only part of being successful at UT. You have to have a great work ethic to make it in athletics and academics.

Wish the young man the best. Hope he takes this setback and learns from it.

For those who remember the 2016 cycle, Erick Fowler barely made it to campus, and it was a small miracle that he did. Reports coming out state that he was unreliable, meaning always late and missing events.

wish him well but good riddance. .  .don't need the drama.   Clearly not aligned.

Skill without will is a waste. Good luck to the young man.

Going to steal that and use it on my youngest...he's got God given skill in the pool and his goal is to swim for Texas but he's got a little work to do in the will department, thankfully he's got plenty of time to get it done.

Well that sucks but oh well. Next man up.

I agree 100%. It sucks that we lose a 5 star, but I have to trust that Herman and Orlando know what they're doing at this point. Good luck to the young man. Next man up on the defense and in recruiting.

At this point, he is begging for the staff to let him stick around.  As far as I understand it, he's not on campus.

That's what it's sounding like to me according to this reports from The Brainiacs.

– Team Note | Erick Fowler: As many of you know by now there have been multiple outlets reporting on the departure or imminent departure of Texas LB, Erick Fowler.

I spoke with a source and was told that Fowler was having what the source described as “maturity issues†this spring. However the source also said that Fowler does not want to leave and is seeking a second chance from the staff if possible. The source wasn’t able to comment on whether Fowler would be afforded another chance or if the staff was even in a position to do so. But the source made it clear that Fowler does not want to transfer and he is making an attempt to stay. Whether it’s too little too late at this point, I do not know. – (Super K)

I say this without knowing all the details, but of at this point the kid has recognized that he's messed up and is looking for a 2nd chance, why not give it to him? As I understand it, there are no legal issues involved, simply maturity issues. It would be a bad look if they didn't give him a chance, but did give one to Leitao. Again, plenty of details missing in both scenarios, but would be a substantial error on the coaching staff if it's as simple as a maturity issue.

I say this without knowing all the details, but of at this point the kid has recognized that he's messed up and is looking for a 2nd chance, why not give it to him? As I understand it, there are no legal issues involved, simply maturity issues. It would be a bad look if they didn't give him a chance, but did give one to Leitao. Again, plenty of details missing in both scenarios, but would be a substantial error on the coaching staff if it's as simple as a maturity issue.

As you say, we don't know all the details. But I really doubt that Herman and his staff made an "impulse" decision. And I also doubt that this would be Fowler's "second chance" as I think he's probably been given numerous chances if this little tidbit that I found on another site is true.

Fowler spent a good portion of spring practice in the doghouse due to, as one team source put, being unable to routinely do things asked of him. It should be noted that Fowler and Southall were two players seen wearing crimson t-shirts with “LOAF MACHINE†written across the front during winter workouts.