Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Baseball Weekend in the Big12

joeywa

UR Kansas St takes 2/3 from #21 West Virginia
UR Oklahoma St takes 2/3 from #5 Texas Tech
UR Kansas takes 2/3 from UR Oklahoma
#6 TCU takes 2/3 from UR Baylor

Conference Standings (RPI in parenthesis)

TCU 11-4 (11)
Tech 9-6 (3)
WVU 9-6 (6)
KU 8-7 (68)
OU 6-6 (39)
UT 7-8 (34)
Bay 6-9 (14)
OSU 6-9 (49)
KSt 4-11 (102)

Conf Series Remaining

UT: @OSU, @TCU & vs. WVU
TCU: @TT, vs. UT & @OU
TT: vs. TCU, @WVU & vs. KU
WVU: vs. OU, vs. TT & @Texas
KU: vs. Baylor, vs. KSt & @Tech
OU: @WVU, @KSt, vs. TCU & vs. OSU
Bay: @KU, @OSU & vs. KSt
OSU: vs. UT, vs. Bay & @OU
KSt: vs. OU, @KU & @Bay

Thanks Joeywa. I checked my ESPN college baseball board during dinner to catch up on the Big 12 race.

Nothing. Nada. Not a single story that was not SEC-related was on their news board. Total SEC coverage. Nothing else.

I guess they've just decided to give the SEC two networks?

Thanks Joeywa. I checked my ESPN college baseball board during dinner to catch up on the Big 12 race.

Nothing. Nada. Not a single story that was not SEC-related was on their news board. Total SEC coverage. Nothing else.

I guess they've just decided to give the SEC two networks?

D1Baseball.com is the go to for any and all college baseball coverage.

Man, it's been up and down so far for Texas in the Big 12. It'd be nice to finish top 3 in the conference by season's end.

Considering this season was fresh with a new staff, and relying heavily on fresh,en, the fact that we are even having discussions about post season play is pretty good, in my opinion.

Due to whomwe play, Texas pretty much holds their fate in their own hands.

Considering this season was fresh with a new staff, and relying heavily on fresh,en, the fact that we are even having discussions about post season play is pretty good, in my opinion.

Due to whomwe play, Texas pretty much holds their fate in their own hands.

Yes, completely agree. I'm a fan of the new staff and I really think the team is coming together well. It's nice to see the bullpen coming together and the bats coming back alive a bit with Mathis back.

Hopefully we'll be able to win some on the road here at the end of the season.

7 to 0 after top of 2nd Henley and Malmin were terrible, couldn't string any hits together and 8-1 U La La Cajuns. Wasted night in Sugarland.

I'm at a conference and was happy to be on the golf course and not calling the game. I followed a bit on Twitter but it sounded awful.

Given my choices, I'd rather have a loss tonight vs a loss on a weekend upcoming.

Let's see what this does to the team.

I'm at a conference and was happy to be on the golf course and not calling the game. I followed a bit on Twitter but it sounded awful.

Given my choices, I'd rather have a loss tonight vs a loss on a weekend upcoming.

Let's see what this does to the team.

I don't know joeywa, I've expected to see some gravitas from these players following an embarrassment the last 3 seasons and haven't seen anything but a shrunken turtle. I believe in pierce and this coaching staffs ability to win baseball games, I don't believe in these players as a general rule.

I was at Constellation Park last night and was bitterly disappointed.  Henley was giving up rockets and Malmin threw two pitches to the backstop before facing his first live hitter, and it only got worse from there.  Its no fun to play when your down 0-7 after 2 innings, but if that's the effort when you come to the Houston area, your only hurting recruiting, not helping.  A wasted night.

Perspective:     Though ULL is ranked 24/25,   Texas is 36/37 RPI,  ULL  49/50.     I hate Tuesday games.

Last night:

SFA  6

TCU  2

NMex  16

Tech     5

UTA   11

OU      2   (canx in 2nd due to weather) 

Though ULL is ranked 24/25,   Texas is 36/37 RPI,  ULL  49/50.    It was an embarrassing loss especially for the Houston-Exes,  but that happens.

Concerning thing is Henley.   He is not progressing as needed, appears to lose focus,   Pierce/Haig need to get him on track.    We miss Josh Sawyer.

As of today,  we are still projected in the field of 64.   Step back from the ledge.

*We can always send the recruits a copy of the A&M game on 14 Mar.

IMO, Henley is much better out of the pen in late relief.   

True,  but Henley seems to be the best candidate for a 4th starter which is needed in a Regional.    Super and Omaha,  not so much.

Connor Mayes remains a mystery.    Second best era on the team his freshman year.