Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This place is dead

MBHORNSFAN

Longhorn Bob's father is a practicing gynecologist and I know him well. Several hunting trips together.

Longhorn Bob himself is indeed alive and well, well sort of well.

I've heard so many different versions of the bus trip I would not know where to start. I think most of the various versions I heard from Longhorn Bob.

I'm glad you clarified. I was getting concerned why you knew a gynecologist well. You know I was gonna ask if he'd fitted you for stirrups. :D

(3,2,1.....rat bastard)

Alright folks, you just heard the Scarborough side of it. Mine was the message board version. Jerry's plant worked well and numerous members just went with it. It was kind of a beautiful thing to watch, actually. lol

BTW, Gotch Yarbrough, if I recall correctly, was a 6'4, 240 lb tight end although I think he started out at 6'3, 220 when the conversation started. lol

When Garvin was busted, it was one of the most uncomfortable times I've ever witnessed on the web. Well, that and LonghornBob and the great bus ride that was not. lol

Wow, this Gotch Yarbrough kid has great size for a TE! Texas could use him next season!

What's "The Shag"?  This is the only board I'm a member.  Although I do get email alerts from 24/7 for both the Longhorns and the Dallas Cowboys...

IMO, the Shag is overly populated by fraternity boys and fraternity boy wannabe's.

The level of maturity is retarded by the contests to see who can chug the most beer, who can be the most outrageous or who can one up the other with the most perceived sophomoric wit.

In other words, fraternity boys.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Daniel,

LonghornBob was once part owner and moderator at Hornfans. He and the other owners parted ways and Bob went off to start LonghornFanZone, another message board format.

So Bob starts throwing UT weight around at some events, starts kinda being a little creepy around UT and stuff (maybe not as bad as today's aggy recruiting guy). So his reputation is beginning to suffer some during this time.

As time goes by, he begins offering charter busses to members who want to go to away games. So they schedule such a trip to an Oklahoma State game. He collects money from members who want to go as their payment for the trip. Around 50 people are there waiting for Bob to show up with a bus. And they waited. And waited. And Bob did not show.

In fact, Bob was not seen on LFZ again. Someone I know (can't remember who) said he is alive and well in East Texas these days, although I don't recall what town he's in.

UT message board history has some fun tales, for sure.

Jeeeeeeeeesus. That's a crazy story. I bet there are a ton of crazy stories from Longhorn message boards. I used to read some of the stuff on the Rivals mainboard back in he day. Some of the stuff that went on there is legendary lol.

IMO, the Shag is overly populated by fraternity boys and fraternity boy wannabe's.

The level of maturity is retarded by the contests to see who can chug the most beer, who can be the most outrageous or who can one up the other with the most perceived sophomoric wit.

In other words, fraternity boys.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Comparing the Shag to fraternity boys is an insult to fraternity boys  ;)

Not unusual at all to read through numerous pages without reading even one intelligent post. Literally.

Daniel,

LonghornBob was once part owner and moderator at Hornfans. He and the other owners parted ways and Bob went off to start LonghornFanZone, another message board format.

So Bob starts throwing UT weight around at some events, starts kinda being a little creepy around UT and stuff (maybe not as bad as today's aggy recruiting guy). So his reputation is beginning to suffer some during this time.

As time goes by, he begins offering charter busses to members who want to go to away games. So they schedule such a trip to an Oklahoma State game. He collects money from members who want to go as their payment for the trip. Around 50 people are there waiting for Bob to show up with a bus. And they waited. And waited. And Bob did not show.

In fact, Bob was not seen on LFZ again. Someone I know (can't remember who) said he is alive and well in East Texas these days, although I don't recall what town he's in.

UT message board history has some fun tales, for sure.

This old guy who lived in my condo complex across from TCU posted tickets for sale to a Steppenwolf reunion concert. One night only of course. He put his phone number on the flyer at this theater across from campus that was usually vacant. If you wanted tickets they were like $100 each. My neighbor was psyched. He was like, let's do it dude. I was like, no way Steppenwolf plays at this run down theater.

My buddy had called and found out that the old man down the hall was selling the tickets so he took him the money and got some cheesy looking ticket. Flash forward after they didn't show. He goes back to the guys door and the guy answers in a bath towel, fresh out of the shower. My buddy yanks him in the hall and says you give me my blanking money or I am kicking your old, naked ass and throwing you outside. He got his money. I never asked him if his name was Bob.

This old guy who lived in my condo complex across from TCU posted tickets for sale to a Steppenwolf reunion concert. One night only of course. He put his phone number on the flyer at this theater across from campus that was usually vacant. If you wanted tickets they were like $100 each. My neighbor was psyched. He was like, let's do it dude. I was like, no way Steppenwolf plays at this run down theater.

My buddy had called and found out that the old man down the hall was selling the tickets so he took him the money and got some cheesy looking ticket. Flash forward after they didn't show. He goes back to the guys door and the guy answers in a bath towel, fresh out of the shower. My buddy yanks him in the hall and says you give me my blanking money or I am kicking your old, naked ass and throwing you outside. He got his money. I never asked him if his name was Bob.

That probably would have been reaction as well in that situation. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂