primal defense

CBS Sports: After getting the boot at Texas, Charlie Strong focuses on rebirth at South Florida

Strong's quote

“I was like, ‘This damn job will take my mind away from [what happened],’†Strong said in a quiet moment. “’I’m not going to give Texas that pleasure.’â€

What a little victim bitch 

Dennis Dodd from the article.

"There is a new level of comfort. There is no shadow mafia of boosters out to get him. Perhaps it’s because he is back “home†in the state where Strong has spent 15 years of his coaching career."

LMAO... Lost to Kansas and went 16-21. 

There's no doubt that Charlie was less than successful here, I don't think he'd argue that.  He was dealt a pretty crappy hand from the beginning thanks to big mouth BMDs, inherited a piss-poor team and had to do his job with the threat of being fired hanging over his head every season.  He took responsibility for his actions and his failings and, to the best of my knowledge, did not bitch/moan when he was fired.  I thought/think that he handled it all with class.  It's worth mentioning that he left the program in a much better state than he found it and Tom Herman's got a lot of talent to work with.

So now he takes one very mild jab at Texas and that shows who and what Charlie Strong really is?  Ridiculous.  You've gotta be looking for a reason to be offended if that's all it takes to get your panties all knotted up.  You'd think that the entire article was him slamming UT, pointing fingers and placing blame on everyone not named Charlie Strong.  Instead he made one comment about his mindset after being fired and than accepting another job.  Considering the reaction on this thread, you might want to reconsider just who is and isn't a "little victim bitch". 

Did you read past “’I’m not going to give Texas that pleasure.’â€?  That's a better indicator of who and what Charlie Strong is than what you're crying about. 

I wish Charlie Strong all the luck in the world and success at this job and any others that come his way in the future.  Wishing him anything else is petty and a little pathetic.

There's no doubt that Charlie was less than successful here, I don't think he'd argue that. He was dealt a pretty crappy hand from the beginning thanks to big mouth BMDs, inherited a piss-poor team and had to do his job with the threat of being fired hanging over his head every season. He took responsibility for his actions and his failings and, to the best of my knowledge, did not bitch/moan when he was fired. I thought/think that he handled it all with class. It's worth mentioning that he left the program in a much better state than he found it and Tom Herman's got a lot of talent to work with.

So now he takes one very mild jab at Texas and that shows who and what Charlie Strong really is? Ridiculous. You've gotta be looking for a reason to be offended if that's all it takes to get your panties all knotted up. You'd think that the entire article was him slamming UT, pointing fingers and placing blame on everyone not named Charlie Strong. Instead he made one comment about his mindset after being fired and than accepting another job. Considering the reaction on this thread, you might want to reconsider just who is and isn't a "little victim bitch".

Did you read past “’I’m not going to give Texas that pleasure.’� That's a better indicator of who and what Charlie Strong is than what you're crying about.

I wish Charlie Strong all the luck in the world and success at this job and any others that come his way in the future. Wishing him anything else is petty and a little pathetic.

I really don't give a damn what he says about Texas, if anything.

I just think he's a really lousy head coach and I'm glad he's not here anymore.

I really don't give a damn what he says about Texas, if anything.

I just think he's a really lousy head coach and I'm glad he's not here anymore.

CFS proved to be a good mid-major coach @ Louisville. He just wasn't ready for prime-time Big 12 and P5 competition. I expect he'll do much better at USF.

That's all I've got to say about CFS. Happy trails...

There's no doubt that Charlie was less than successful here, I don't think he'd argue that.  He was dealt a pretty crappy hand from the beginning thanks to big mouth BMDs, inherited a piss-poor team and had to do his job with the threat of being fired hanging over his head every season.  He took responsibility for his actions and his failings and, to the best of my knowledge, did not bitch/moan when he was fired.  I thought/think that he handled it all with class.  It's worth mentioning that he left the program in a much better state than he found it and Tom Herman's got a lot of talent to work with.

So now he takes one very mild jab at Texas and that shows who and what Charlie Strong really is?

Agree with all your points except the last one. Why take ANY jab, mild or not, at Texas? Bottom line, he was shut out by Iowa St and lost to Kansas. He made his own bed.

So now he takes one very mild jab at Texas and that shows who and what Charlie Strong really is?  Ridiculous.  You've gotta be looking for a reason to be offended if that's all it takes to get your panties all knotted up.  You'd think that the entire article was him slamming UT, pointing fingers and placing blame on everyone not named Charlie Strong.  Instead he made one comment about his mindset after being fired and than accepting another job.  Considering the reaction on this thread, you might want to reconsider just who is and isn't a "little victim bitch". 

Did you read past “’I’m not going to give Texas that pleasure.’â€?  That's a better indicator of who and what Charlie Strong is than what you're crying about. 

I wish Charlie Strong all the luck in the world and success at this job and any others that come his way in the future.  Wishing him anything else is petty and a little pathetic.

I agree and thanks for writing all that since I'm too lazy. I have read many articles since we hired Tom Herman about we need an upgrade and I remember the Steve Patterson crap that CS had to put up with. I'm glad that Herman is demanding upgrades on the staff and facilities, but it should have been already done and I done blame Charlie for that. I glad has been silent because talking about Steve Patterson would put UT in a bad light. 

CS didn't do the job when he was here and I'm glad he has the South Florida job which looks like a good fit. I'll hope he does well. 

AD PATTERSON FACING HEAT

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/story/1556266-hd-exclusive-ad-patterson-facing-heat