Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
okiehorn

Baker Mayfield continuing tradition for Sooners. POS

I don't care for Mayfield. Of course, he's a Sooner but thats not really why.

I watch him play and there is much to like about his game. But the unnecessary bs bravado and machismo he tries to exhibit, and getting into a defenders face after every play he carries the ball just makes me root for someone to clock him real good. Where is Aaron Humphrey when you need him these days? lol

I don't care for Mayfield. Of course, he's a Sooner but thats not really why.

I watch him play and there is much to like about his game. But the unnecessary bs bravado and machismo he tries to exhibit, and getting into a defenders face after every play he carries the ball just makes me root for someone to clock him real good. Where is Aaron Humphrey when you need him these days? lol

You mean so Humphrey could do to him what he did to Rob Peters in the Tech game back in 1999? There's an

old football saying of "driving a player into the turf" but I would say that's exactly what Humphrey did to Peters that night in a 58-7 win for the Horns.  It was a payback game as Tech had upset the Horns in Lubbock the previous year. At least 2 or 3 times in the 1999 game, Humphrey got to Peters, picked him up and while in mid-air arched his back, then literally drove the Tech QB down into the turf. In the second half, Peters had to leave the game and was unable to start his final senior year home game in Lubbock the following week. I think Humphrey had 4 sacks in that "payback" game in 1999...I'll never forget it...great memory!