Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kiss my Ash: The Aftermath

bbdude

• Administrators

Shitfaced post alert:: David Ash threw for 4 td's last night in Oxford and had by far the best night of a Texas quarterback in a year and a half. Ash was poised, confident and dead-f@#kin' on. I don't want to hear how he underthrew a guy here or there because it reallly doesn't matter. The beast was unleashed last night and I hope we see it again SOON. Ash has the confidence of Bruce Lee, and if he keeps wearing that burnt orange headband we just might see a "sweep the leg" or some serious blood on our opponents. On a serious note, it will be of importance to see how Ash plays in subsequent games because this was a coming out, confidence out the roof performance by the Ash man. Dude proved to defenses that he wasn't simply going to hand the ball off to Bergeron or Brown.... He's a slinger.

Happy for David and he deserves a shitload of glory for his play.

SweepTheLeg.jpg

We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition, A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

Great post. Ash will be just fine. I heard someone talk about Ash and his confidence the other day. He said Ash was told: "if you have a WR in single coverage, I want you to throw him he ball. If it gets intercepted, that is the WR's fault. Not yours. It is his job to either catch it, or make sure the defender doesn't."

Great advice for a young QB. Looks like he was listening. I just wish the coaches could find a way to put Shipey in Davis' spot. The kid is not getting to show us his true talents.

Love the excitement and happy for Ash. I know you don't want to hear it but I'm saying it. Ash under threw the ball. Against a better secondary he would have been picked off. The Positive is that he was throwing it deep and was confident in doing so, so I smell what your stepping in. The Negative was he got away with some big passes when he did throw them shorter than where they should have been. But he still has yet to throw an INT and is improving each and every game. Hook'em

I bashed Ash more than anyone around here and he has absolutely blown me away (except for the long ball). He has exceeded any reasonable expectations.

Still, I wouldn't say: " I don't want to hear how he underthrew a guy here or there because it reallly doesn't matter."

It does matter.

Those under-throws will likely be picked off against OU.

• Administrators
I bashed Ash more than anyone around here and he has absolutely blown me away (except for the long ball). He has exceeded any reasonable expectations.

Still, I wouldn't say: " I don't want to hear how he underthrew a guy here or there because it reallly doesn't matter."

It does matter.

Those under-throws will likely be picked off against OU.

I was basking in the glory after a few too many..... My point was let's give the guy some praise and let him continue to work on his mechanics. No qb throws perfect passes every game. HOOKEM!

I will say that finally the Texas coaching staff has handled the QB situation better this year. Ash is clearly the better QB and needs to get maximum snaps. He still needs to work on his weight transfer on his deep ball, but he is far better looking than last year. I like what I see from him.