Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Seahorn

Former Texas Assistant Jeff Traylor

Well, he damn sure didn't help with the 2017 class as he and the rest of the staff basically stopped recruiting in October. 

I am betting that he was told to stop buy Strong as I think Traylor would have continued if allowed. Someone other than Traylor put a stop to the recruiting process. I imagine he was still hoping that he would be retained by Herman .

I have a connection to Traylor, and I was told he was offered to the Co-OC title or just a position coach at some pretty big time programs around the country including several SEC schools. He turned them all down bc he said he's not leaving the state of TX. Daughter is a senior at Lake Travis I think, so I'm sure that plays into it. 

I have a connection to Traylor, and I was told he was offered to the Co-OC title or just a position coach at some pretty big time programs around the country including several SEC schools. He turned them all down bc he said he's not leaving the state of TX. Daughter is a senior at Lake Travis I think, so I'm sure that plays into it.

Heard the same thing. Heard Baylor was in the mid to get him too, but he chose SMU.

I could also see him taking over at SMU after Morris leaves for greener pastures. Plus he'd be cheaper than bringing in another hot name OC in the future. 

I guarantee that's why he took the SMU job. I think they will be really good this year. Morris will get a power 5 job real soon and Traylor will be primed to step in. I don't see Matt Rhule leaving Baylor anytime soon.