Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****National Signing Day Thread 2/1/17*****

Aaron Carrara

I personally had no trouble understanding Tom Herman's tweet. Yes, he's having to recruit like he's Iowa State. Thats because for the past three years, we've been Iowa State. For CRYING OUT LOUD IOWA STATE SHUT US OUT.

Someone's a little late with the "lets act like we're bigger than Iowa State" BS.

When Texas starts playing and winning games again like Texas is supposed to, at that point we'll deserve to be looked at in a different light. For now, we just don't.

I will say though that every board needs a drama queen and we certainly have one. Every time Herman looks at the mic wrong we hear a pronouncement of failure. LOL. I can't get that anywhere else on the net. LOL

I'm still waiting on the big 12th man story to break and bring down aggy.  :ph34r:

I don't want to be mean to RD. I often enjoy what he posts and love how he's a thorn in aggy's side. Its just that he gets zeroed in on one thing and will just beat it to smithereens. 

You do not like Herman. Check

Everything he does is suspect. Check

We get it. This was supposed to be a NSD thread. Not so much anymore.

When everybody and their dog has heard your point, it's fair to reiterate that point WITHOUT paragraphs of recycled details. 

Keep posting, RD. Just chill out on this Bud.

I honestly don't know how to "feel" regarding this class overall.  I didn't put too much emotion into it. I wanted us to sign an ILB in order to let Malik loose this fall and we did that with Johnson. I truly believe that we are more than ok at every single position on the field now.  This season will be spectacular!!!  HOOK 'EM!!!  \\m//

Wow much drama. On this board, not on NSD.

I think Herman comments are just the same as what Chuck was saying when he came here he is just going about it a different way.

He is trying to get rid of the we should be great because we are UT pretentious bullshit.

In the end i couldnt care less if he cant recruit. Because you don't need to be a good recruiter if you can win 10 games a year

The class came in pretty much as I expected and predicted. Three weeks ago, it was obvious Chaisson was LSU, and Calloway was never going anywhere but Arkansas. I was hoping for more, but I always hope for more. We signed some solid kids who will be contributors. Somehow a lot of you keep forgetting that we have a ton of kids who redshirted last year who will be significant contributors in 2017. 

Been saying it for weeks, the trend is your friend.  When we started to lose interest from Little, Wilson and other recruits it wasn't a good sign for other top recruits.  This will be the lowest ranked class in a decades and possibly longer spanning multiple coaches.  No homer spin here.

Still not seeing all this damn hype about how great a recruiter Herman is and the crootin dream team he has assembled.  The last time I drank the koolaid we had just beat ND and were talking top 10 hopes.  Years of perennial suckage and a complete shit show on the field comes baring fruit eventually.  

All that said Herman will win here with lesser talent just as he did at UH. 

so in the end we got one of the three we were hoping for....I am ready for September to get here. I do have a question.....I know we are not in play here, but why has Big Marvin not signed yet? Is he waiting for an assigned time slot on ESPN to do the hat dance on National TV?

As a 50 plus year Longhorn fan I have immensely enjoyed reading opinions/insight on this forum.  My first time to post;  actually anything on social media. If you will permit..a few of my thoughts.

• I Love Charlie Strong and have great respect for him as a man of character and integrity.  I am appreciative for all that he did for Texas football and the impact he had on the lives of the players. Only after the TCU game did I feel that a coaching change was imperative.  I sincerely believe that if Charlie were our coach now we would be much worse off with this years class.  I also believe Charlie Strong will be successful in the future in part because of the lessons he learned at Texas. 
  • I believe Tom Herman was the right hire for Texas. I think he is acutely aware of what is required to build an elite program and was smart enough to get a commitment from the Texas administration while he had the leverage to demand it. I really like the coaching staff he has assembled and think I understand now why he obsessed over "alignment".  I feel his  strengths in organization and attention to detail are key in taking the program back to the elite level.  I trust that he and Texas Administration have done and will continue to do due diligence relating to Casey Horney and if information comes to light that is actionable that they will deal with it swiftly.  I believe that the coaching staff want to win badly and are willing to work tirelessly towards it but also see that they are adamant about academic excellence and recognize that building and preparing young men for a successful life is job one.
  • It would be disingenuous to say you were not a little disappointed in the 2017 recruiting class. But  Its a new world.  The world is smaller with social media.  Its not just the Braves and Cowboys on TV anymore.  Kids can watch and connect with any team every Saturday.  If your not going to Europe to practice you may be at a disadvantage.  On top of that Tom Herman made no allusions that being in this program is HARD!!  Practice at 4:30 AM watered down eggs for the losing team.  I am surely not second guessing his methods...he has nine months to change the mindset of the current Texas players, however, I am sure the current team (and maybe your most important recruiting staff) were a little shell shocked with all the change and maybe not as effective or effusive in selling the program to recruits.  I fully expect this team to embrace and fully buy in to this and think things will be much different next year. That being said I am extremely impressed by the coaches talent evaluation and their ability to recruit to needs rather than star rating.  I am very happy with this class (what I perceive to be their character level) and what I feel will be their ability to affect our W-L record.  

There have been good times and lean times for longhorn fans over the years but I have always been proud to wear my longhorn hat even as I have lived in LSU country for the last 30 years.  At the risk of being a PollyAnna I am choosing to believe that better days are ahead, to look forward rather than back, to believe and get behind Tom Herman, this coaching staff and the current Texas players and recruits.  Can't wait for 2017! Hookem!

Herman opens his press conference by covering the Casey Horny situation. Handled it very well imho and hopefully puts it to rest. 

The Casey Horny situation is unquestionably not going to go away anytime soon. It is an unnecessary distraction Herman brought upon himself. Nothing Horny could possibly bring to the program could justify having to start his NSD presser with a Casey Horny question.

Great coaches don't create unnecessary distractions, let along allow them to linger. They eliminate them and keep focused on the important matters. Herman just doesn't want to have to admit he screwed up, and not admitting mistakes quickly is not the way to do things.

Mark my words, a year from now, as long as Casey Horny is still on the staff, Tom Herman is still going to be be deadling with the stench of the Baylor program Casey Horny puts upon UT football.

The Casey Horny situation is unquestionably not going to go away anytime soon. It is an unnecessary distraction Herman brought upon himself. Nothing Horny could possibly bring to the program could justify having to start his NSD presser with a Casey Horny question.

Great coaches don't create unnecessary distractions, let along allow them to linger. They eliminate them and keep focused on the important matters. Herman just doesn't want to have to admit he screwed up, and not admitting mistakes quickly is not the way to do things.

Mark my words, a year from now, as long as Casey Horny is still on the staff, Tom Herman is still going to be be deadling with the stench of the Baylor program Casey Horny puts upon UT football.

You hated Strong and you now appear to be on the path of hating Herman. Might be a good time to find a new team.