Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas not recruiting RSJ any more

Master Cee

• Administrators

MAck is not tolerant of that kind of stuff so it is highly possible they are targeting guys like Devon Allen or Tori Hunter Jr. We already have commitments from Jake Oliver and Jacory Warrick but the Horns need one or two more from this class.

Allen is an out of state guy (Phoenix, AZ) but is a 4 star guy. Would be great to land him. Torii Hunter Jr. is a big time prospect as well (Prosper, TX).

Let's get our targets in sight and lock 'em in. This is Texas football.

IMO this is a complete loss of the class. RSJ could have been the red sauce on the enchilada for us but instead we are dumping him? It makes no sense injury or no injury. After he dislocated the kneecap RSJ was announcing visits to his top schools, UT included. There is more to this story than Texas just deciding to back off.

RSJ sounds like a prima donna diva anyway. More trouble than he's worth. Aggy and/or LSU can have him.

A lot of the guys Texas recruit sound like prima donnas. Benenoch is a drama queen, Prevot was an ego maniac and RSJ thought he was Bo Jackson. Knee injury comes and now the air gets let out of the tire. Recruiting is a tough business.

IMO this is a complete loss of the class. RSJ could have been the red sauce on the enchilada for us but instead we are dumping him? It makes no sense injury or no injury. After he dislocated the kneecap RSJ was announcing visits to his top schools, UT included. There is more to this story than Texas just deciding to back off.

I think you're overreacting there a little. There is definitely more to this than anyone knows right now. I doubt the knee injury has anything to do with Texas pulling off. Just think about all the other studs Texas has backed off of over the years. There is always a good reason and Texas usually comes out for the better.

This is by no means a "complete loss of this class". Not even close.

Benenoch also has come out and mentioned that Texas is not at the top of his list.

Now that one I'm really not too worried about. We're pretty set in the interior line for the next couple of years. I'd rather get Billings than Benonoch, but even Billings will be a difficult land because Baylor is working him hard.

• Administrators

I would rather have Billings as well, especially because Benenoch has been playing the glamour game. Hopefully Billings wants to get the hell out of his hometown of Waco and move on up I-35. As far as filling the void left with RSJ's decommitment, Torii Hunter Jr. and Devon Allen will be courted heavily.

On the RSJ news turns out Texas was really displeased with the decommitment and thought they had given him long enough to come back around.

This is why we talk about it and aren't actually involved in it. They clearly have more intel than all of us and will make the decisions that benefit the long term health of the program. Just because a kid has top notch talent doesn't mean he is a top notch kid with good work ethic and character. That stuff matters because that's the stuff that shows up in tough games and in tough situations.

This is why we talk about it and aren't actually involved in it. They clearly have more intel than all of us and will make the decisions that benefit the long term health of the program. Just because a kid has top notch talent doesn't mean he is a top notch kid with good work ethic and character. That stuff matters because that's the stuff that shows up in tough games and in tough situations.

I don't think its a problem with RSJ. Still seeing stuff that RSJ and his Mom absolutely love Texas and thats where they want him to go. Problem is reportedly with his dad and AAU coach looking for "benefits".

• Administrators
I don't think its a problem with RSJ. Still seeing stuff that RSJ and his Mom absolutely love Texas and thats where they want him to go. Problem is reportedly with his dad and AAU coach looking for "benefits".

I have heard the same thing and if true, it is a sad sad thing. Slim Shady ain't just a song by Eminem.