Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The kid didn't even in-home with TCU (or OU) and canceled his official to Norman. Not much else needs to be said this one.

He's going to play the game until the moment he signs.  We haven't heard anything to move us off of our Texas prediction, and we have heard things that strengthened it.  

What do you make of this?  

I refuse to judge a staff on a transition class but if you're forcing me to give a grade I'd say a B. If they finish like we predicted a B+

As you said transition class but even Strong had a top 20 class according to rivals in his transition class.

Rivals has us at #35 currently behind ags, ou, baylor, okie state, and even Kentucky.  Isnt baylor in transition as well along with a slew of bad media as well?  Maybe we should refer to them rapeU since its fitting.  Granted they are only one slot better at #34 and lost most of their best recruits last year but to be neck and neck with them is a eye opener.  Also just based on stars we have zero 5 stars according to rivals. 

Now granted this is rivals but a B is pretty generous considering the media hype that accompanied Herman, our tradition and our resources.  I would give it a C-.

I like Bimage, Johnson and Carter but other than that this class is pretty meh.  

Our football program has pretty much been in decline since we lost to Bama in 2009 and a shit show since 2012.

I hope Herman can produce wins this upcoming season and turn this around.  Considering what he did with UH and their talent level I expect it will happen.  Just being realistic not every 3 star is a Conner Williams.  

This is the lowest class ranking we have had since 2008 (rivals) but I was too depressed to back any further.

As you said transition class but even Strong had a top 20 class according to rivals in his transition class.

Rivals has us at #35 currently behind ags, ou, baylor, okie state, and even Kentucky.  Isnt baylor in transition as well along with a slew of bad media as well?  Maybe we should refer to them rapeU since its fitting.  Granted they are only one slot better at #34 and lost most of their best recruits last year but to be neck and neck with them is a eye opener.  Also just based on stars we have zero 5 stars according to rivals. 

At least when Charlie took over the team was coming off of a bowl game. During Charlie's tenure, the team continued to be bad, actually worse, while the Baylors of the world continued to be good. Baylor is just two seasons removed from being in an the argument to make the college playoffs.

Coming off a spell of 7 losses a year seasons,  wearing regular ole uniforms (EDIT: I like the unfiforms, do not want flashy crazy ass uniforms. Just speaking from a 17 year old kid's prospective) with absolutely no hype around your program wasn't going to be an easy sell for a new coach coming in. I know "we're Texas!" and all of that, but some of us are a lot further ahead in realizing just what an unattractive program this had become for these kids. Once you accept that, you can see why Herman, when speaking of recruiting, has had a far uphilly-er uphill battle than Charlie did in his first year (even though appears they'll finish rather close. Not over).

wearing regular ole uniforms with absolutely no hype around your program

Whats wrong with our uniforms?   Bama doesnt have flashy neo techno uniforms.  

While I agree with most of your points Strong had 2 shit seasons and still finished with a top 10 class.  I didnt expect Hermans FIRST class to be top 10 but #35 is the WORST class ranking in the last 10+ years.

Now granted this is rivals but a B is pretty generous considering the media hype that accompanied Herman, our tradition and our resources.  I would give it a C-.

I like Bimage, Johnson and Carter but other than that this class is pretty meh.  

Our football program has pretty much been in decline since we lost to Bama in 2009 and a shit show since 2012.

I hope Herman can produce wins this upcoming season and turn this around.  Considering what he did with UH and their talent level I expect it will happen.  Just being realistic not every 3 star is a Conner Williams.  

This is the lowest class ranking we have had since 2008 (rivals) but I was too depressed to back any further.

Strong was handed a bowl team.

Herman was handed a team in a bowl drought.

Plus, every class is different. There are fewer left on the board this year than in years past, IMO.