Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****Please Read - Board Rules*****

Aaron Carrara

• Administrators

Wanted to reiterate that we don't allow the copying and pasting of information from pay sites here at HornSports - We want to respect the effort and business models these groups have.

We have good relationships with most of the other folks at these sites and we want to keep it that way!

Thanks for you attention to this matter - we are taking it seriously.

No he didn't. He left on his own because I once again stated that people needed to stop copying and pasting content that is from behind paywalls of other sites.

Completely understand. He's been doing it for a long time.

I pm'd him once and asked him where he was getting all his info at since he was bringing so much of it here. He never responded. People just have to be respectful and follow the rules of the various boards. It's not hard.

Completely understand. He's been doing it for a long time.

I pm'd him once and asked him where he was getting all his info at since he was bringing so much of it here. He never responded. People just have to be respectful and follow the rules of the various boards. It's not hard.

That's all I was trying to get across. Thank you for being understanding.

No he didn't. He left on his own because I once again stated that people needed to stop copying and pasting content that is from behind paywalls of other sites.

While I completely understand the posters here wanting information, and as an extension, wanting to share information they get from other sites, pay sites have a model and they get a bit perturbed when their premium info is copy/pasted on other sites. Does it happen? Yes. Can HornSports members share info without verbatim copying & pasting? Of course. There is a happy medium, IMO.

I don't know the issue with Juan's departure, and hope he returns. I think we should all be respectful of other sites and their writers.

I am one of the very early members of this board. We paid a couple of bucks each month for somebody to simply get it going. I don't remember there being owners,moderators, board police or any such shit.

My memory is that it was started as a place for people to bring info gathered from other places and put it here for everyone to read/enjoy/shit on.

If other sites wanted to complain about a member such as Juan putting their info here then they could go after Juan.

Now we have fukking rules. Rules suck.

I am one of the very early members of this board. We paid a couple of bucks each month for somebody to simply get it going. I don't remember there being owners,moderators, board police or any such shit.

My memory is that it was started as a place for people to bring info gathered from other places and put it here for everyone to read/enjoy/shit on.

If other sites wanted to complain about a member such as Juan putting their info here then they could go after Juan.

Now we have fukking rules. Rules suck.

Wrong. It's always been this way. There was a charge for a little while (McPhauls phony ass was behind that imo) but the straight copy/paste of entire articles has always been frowned upon/not allowed. All message boards are that way.

Also, this board has always been moderated.

Wrong. It's always been this way. There was a charge for a little while (McPhauls phony ass was behind that imo) but the straight copy/paste of entire articles has always been frowned upon/not allowed. All message boards are that way.

You're completely right. I joined within a month of Bear and this was a free-site then. It was moderated by a very small team back then. It briefly provided pay content for a short period of time but has always been free. It's also always asked people not to copy and paste paid content.

I have a ton of respect for Juan but if he left over simply being asked not to paste paid info; that's a pretty big overreaction.

I won't argue about the rules as I generally don't have a problem following basic human behavior. But. McPhaul was no phony and no, he had nothing to do with the decision to go to a pay/sub-base instead of an advertising based set up. It was tried. It didn't work. They changed back. Had nothing to do with McPhaul.

I know who McPhaul's sources were. He was just a pipeline from some heavy hitters who wanted their thoughts and info heard. The late night behavior I won't defend but can tell you that would never happen again. The guy has really turned his life around. We should be glad about that.

Juan, we already miss you man. You gotta come back. Don't know where else you frequent but the guys and gals on this site REALLY like having you around.

Here, you are wanted. Come back. First round is on me.

I agree with what SHA posted...and the drinks are on him!

Seriously, I always appreciated your posts, Juan...please come back.

My 2 cents. Let's say someone invites you over to their house. You get there, they invite you in but first they ask you to take off your shoes. You either do or you say no thanks and leave. Bottom line, it's their house, their rules.

Be that said, if you don't have any cold beer in your fridge, I'm putting my shoes on and hitting the highway!  B)

Notice the lack of any new data since Juan Grande has gone.

Site will be severely lacking without him.

This is incorrect. Juan certainly shared info here, and should he not return he will be missed as a poster. I enjoyed what he brought to the board as a regular poster.

That said, he is no more important than the staff and he certainly is not above some very simple requests to not copy/paste info from pay sites to HornSports.