Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

Will Baizer

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Yea this one if I remember right you said your kinda surprised by it and it’s not someone we’d expect. Kinda seems someone we would think was trending another way but evidently not? Maybe not but that what I remember lol

Shotime gave about five guesses and didn't get it. So maybe we'd all be surprised by it.

Let me tell you a little about Tee Sweat. Aside from the fact that he is a really nice young man who was brought up properly and knows how to show respect to others, he is a hard worker.

Yes, he is young to be a Junior; however, his behavior is normally superior to that of older athletes. 

He is conscientious.  If he is scheduled to be someplace at a certain time, he will be there.

He made up his own mind about committing to Texas.  I suspect he was surrounded by subtle influences to commit to another school, but he made up his mind and announced.  He is his own man.  And, at least one other school is still calling him.  He realizes it will probably continue until he signs.

He is strong and fit, and it has come from hours in the gym.  As I mentioned, he is a hard worker.  When he committed to Texas, he had over 12 offers, but no one would have known it by his behavior.  I heard it from another source.

He absolutely deserved an offer.  I wrote about qualities other than athletic, but I believe the Texas coaches are more than capable of evaluating that for themselves.

On March 14, 2018 at 7:32 PM, java said:

Let me tell you a little about Tee Sweat. Aside from the fact that he is a really nice young man who was brought up properly and knows how to show respect to others, he is a hard worker.

Yes, he is young to be a Junior; however, his behavior is normally superior to that of older athletes. 

He is conscientious.  If he is scheduled to be someplace at a certain time, he will be there.

He made up his own mind about committing to Texas.  I suspect he was surrounded by subtle influences to commit to another school, but he made up his mind and announced.  He is his own man.  And, at least one other school is still calling him.  He realizes it will probably continue until he signs.

He is strong and fit, and it has come from hours in the gym.  As I mentioned, he is a hard worker.  When he committed to Texas, he had over 12 offers, but no one would have known it by his behavior.  I heard it from another source.

He absolutely deserved an offer.  I wrote about qualities other than athletic, but I believe the Texas coaches are more than capable of evaluating that for themselves.

thats good info. thanks for sharing. 

I'm sure more schools will offer and yes Texas coaches are definitely qualified to make their evaluations. being a hard worker and disciplined are not things that most fan see but are needed to make great players. 

saying that, my evaluation is different. as a SDE comparing him to the other 2 that I've seen so far in the 2019 class, i liked them more. Stripling and Leal who imo would play SDE in our 3 man front. would love to take all 3 but that likely won't happen. 

hope Tee Sweat kicks ass and becomes a great Longhorn. 

57 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I want to see an offer go out to Darwin Barlow. Kid is a stud.

Only saw his video once since we haven't offered. 

He runs like he is in fast forward on espn highlights. Not sure if Newton is 3A or 2A but he and T. Brown are the 2 best players on the field by far. He would be a great second RB and maybe even a primary RB. Just hard to tell how good he is bc he just better than anyone Newton played. Caught the ball couple times from slot but not sure how good his hands are downfield. Having his type of depth is what title teams do.

Gonna be interesting if we take 2 RBs this year or next. Don't think we can take 2 back to back years, unless someone transfers out.