Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

I just want to remind everyone what Jimbo Fisher said roughly a year ago.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Jimbo-Fisher-Texas-AM-football-will-have-No-1-or-No-2-class-in-2019--114885952/

I guess we had something to say about that.

44 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Jimbo-Fisher-Texas-AM-football-will-have-No-1-or-No-2-class-in-2019--114885952/

Lol Herman just made Fisher look like a bitch lol and took his lunch money lol

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Now, to be fair when Jimbo said that he had his budget all set for a No 1 or 2 class. How was he suppose to know that the other SEC teams would out bid him at the end. This is Jimbo's first full year recruiting in the SEC.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

They run the stat ... ion. Yes, the Station. Not the state, just College Station. 

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If an sec team has the #1 and #2 class, doesn't that mean that by association aggy also has the #1 and #2 class? Not sure how this sec coat tail riding works exactly!! :D

2 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Fisher does have a great class. But aggy has been saying all year he was going to stomp TH. 

TH now has two consecutive top five classes. Let’s see what Cucko can do in his second full class. 

This will be interesting

Bru made for an entertaining weekend, but I think that'll pretty much end the class outside of Grad transfers as late as May.  I highly doubt Shep makes his visit, they'll try to pump up that Jimbob Super Bowl bash with his flip come this weekend.  As for the kid coming in this weekend, there's a serious amount of competition at the position, so 

I'm not real sure they can sale it, but.  Ya never know with all the good press!

My gut feeling is Shep sticks with Texas, but Henry (juco LB) is going to Arkansas, meaning we'd only have 1 player signing on NSD2. Is that correct? I have no intel on Shep, but I am connected with Arkansas recruiting and they are very confident in Henry's recruitment. So much so, that a couple of other kids who were committed have moved on. 

54 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Bru made for an entertaining weekend, but I think that'll pretty much end the class outside of Grad transfers as late as May.  I highly doubt Shep makes his visit, they'll try to pump up that Jimbob Super Bowl bash with his flip come this weekend.  As for the kid coming in this weekend, there's a serious amount of competition at the position, so 

I'm not real sure they can sale it, but.  Ya never know with all the good press!

LH will be a day-one starter. 

NWA, LH would have the same issue at Arkiesaw that he did at Tennessee. The issue is SEC-wide and is the same reason Gary Johnson decommitted from Bama and came to us. In addition to that, he needs to take care of some other academic concerns just so he can play D1 ball. 

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

LH will be a day-one starter. 

NWA, LH would have the same issue at Arkiesaw that he did at Tennessee. The issue is SEC-wide and is the same reason Gary Johnson decommitted from Bama and came to us. In addition to that, he needs to take care of some other academic concerns just so he can play D1 ball. 

I thought I remember reading somewhere the SEC changed this rule after Gary Johnson came to Texas. Did I make that up? Lol