Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Seems to be some positive vibes that Shepherd may stick....

i do hope Shepherd sticks with Texas bc i think he is pretty decent prospect. I dont know about his work ethic and he hasn't done anything bad imo, a little indecisive and maybe attention seeker and might hang out questionable influences but he seems like a decent kid. his personality might be a bit of a transfer risk if he doesnt get field time year 1(assumption bc we dont really know these players other than film and some twitter talk.) i think he can be a good RT or OG bc i think at this size i think he can move well. ill admit one of my biggest reasons of liking him does involve his influence on Demon Demus. Now that DD has transferred schools, does he plan to go to same school as Shepherd/are they tied at the hip? 

26 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Hearing the writer may not be credible. Proceed with caution..

we want to explode in happiness but we need to wait until a University of Texas credible source confirms that he is 

1)leaving Usc and 2)enrolling at Texas 

i believed the first time around more than most but im not going to this time 

8 minutes ago, CharcoalPuppy said:

I couldn’t care less if Bru Mccoy transfers to Texas.  I’m more concerned with what we are doing up front.    

I agree a little bit.  But our problem with Oklahoma this year and last is that we don't have enough game breakers.  Take it to the house once or twice a game like our Big 12 competition does and we really beat them.  We won't have one possession games with the Ok State, WV and Tech's of the world if we don't have to sustain every drive for 10 plays.  We just didn't have enough speed on offense.  Let's add game breakers and keep up the work on the lines as well.

9 minutes ago, Harrison Wier said:

Austin Westlake safety Doak Wilson is the newest preferred walk on at Texas. 

im ready for an analysis from you and Daniel, haha

good size, physical and comes up in run support. that 3rd play when he took on the fullback and made the tackle was impressive. 90% of his film was vs the run. seems like a zone safety/NB. good for walk on.

overall i love what coach Herman has done with the PWO program. there are quality players that will help the Longhorns. 

6 hours ago, okiehorn said:

So IF, big IF Texas reels in Bru. Would this be the best WR haul in recent history for UT? how does it stack up @Daniel Seahorn  or anyone

and that’s assuming Bru would play WR obviously 

Assuming Bru is on board it be hard to pick a better WR haul. 

Not many teams sign the Gatorade POY and Maxwell Off POY in the same class. It could be fun times ahead 

1 minute ago, wadster said:

Best I can remember was the Roy Williams class. This might be better. Time would tell if any of them would be as good as Roy was though. 

I will always remember that Roy Williams won team third place at the stage championship track and field competition his senior year at Permian as THE ONLY PARTICIPANT FROM HIS HIGH SCHOOL IN THE MEET!!!  Loved that guy.

that 2000 class was awesome: Roy Williams, BJ Johnson, Sloan Thomas, Tony Jeffery, Brock Edwards(TE)

compared to 2019: Bru McCoy, Jordan Whittington, Jake Smith, Marcus Washington, Kennedy Lewis, Brayden Liebrock(TE), Jared Wiley(TE). 

we will find out in a few years 

25 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

that 2000 class was awesome: Roy Williams, BJ Johnson, Sloan Thomas, Tony Jeffery, Brock Edwards(TE)

compared to 2019: Bru McCoy, Jordan Whittington, Jake Smith, Marcus Washington, Kennedy Lewis, Brayden Liebrock(TE), Jared Wiley(TE). 

we will find out in a few years 

It was a good class, no doubt. But IMO, Roy is the only one who realized his potential. IMO, BJ Johnson just scratched the surface and Thomas was relegated to possession receiver (was good at it tho). Jeffrey really didn't play much. Edwards was injured a lot. Credit to Edwards for representing Texas well during spring break at padre. I hear he's got a mean upper cut.

This class has the potential to be so much better. However, we won't know for several years how comparable they are to Roy's class.

9 hours ago, okiehorn said:

So IF, big IF Texas reels in Bru. Would this be the best WR haul in recent history for UT? how does it stack up @Daniel Seahorn  or anyone

and that’s assuming Bru would play WR obviously 

Also makes for an interesting comparison with OU's incredible WR class.  Means we each pulled in two 5-star WRs, along with a high 4-star WR and a 4-star TE.  Very different players though, as their guys are pure WRs while ours tended to be swiss-army knives in HS.