Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

We used to get hamburgers after an away game when I was on my 8th grade football team except they were in a bag and we ate them on the bus.. We didn't get silver trays.

After we played A&M  Consolidated we got to eat at Homer Norton's restaurant. He's the aggie coach who won the only NC for the aggies.

Well, the only NC on the field. The aggies are finding out they won more NC than they knew about.:)

Conference championships too. 

2 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

Well, it is snowing here in Amarillo right now.

Sad to say I live in Ohio now. It’s not snowing yet. But we’re supposed to get 6-12 inches tomorrow.  I do like no fire ants and no mosquitoes. My son is about to go to Ohio State. But he’s a big Longhorn fan. He watched the Sugar Bowl and not the Rose Bowl. I imagine that will change a little bit at least. Wish I could afford out of state tuition. But with 5 kids...

4 hours ago, texbound said:

Ok, getting back on track, are there other 19 prospects the Horns are pursuing besides Ira and Shep?  Another RB perhaps or another Dlineman.  Speaking of Dline, are the Horns actively talking to Sopsher at all or is that a non-starter?

Any chatter of another RB seems to have leveled off with the discussion of using Whittington in a hybrid role increasing. There have been a some JUCO options mentioned in the trenches, but until visits start get penciled in, then it’s not real. 

Sopsher and Texas isn’t happening. 

33 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

@primal defense Not sure how many ships are left 9 or less, Some positions need help now OL for sure and LB and DB possibly.

Agreed. I’m not sure why so many people think “saving ships” is such a great idea?  

“Save the ship” because there are people we may or may not land next year?

14 hours ago, dillohorn said:

Well, it is snowing here in Amarillo right now.

Speaking of Amarillo, the ex-volleyball coach sure kicked her AD night in the ruts (rightfully so based on what I've read). I'll assume that's a pretty big news item up there. Wonder who will want to coach AHS now?

17 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Speaking of Amarillo, the ex-volleyball coach sure kicked her AD night in the ruts (rightfully so based on what I've read). I'll assume that's a pretty big news item up there. Wonder who will want to coach AHS now?

AISD has yet to say what the situation was/is. ??

During the all star games, there was a picture of I think three Texas signees and a another player doing the hook em. Without Catalon, is he an option? Cali kid I think.

41 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

School board member thought her daughter deserved more playing time. Administration, including the AD, threw the coach under the bus. 

That's awful. Politics everywhere. Coach can find a better situation. AISD may not find anything but a puppet as a replacement.  Finally caught it on KAMR local news. 

1 hour ago, dillohorn said:

That's awful. Politics everywhere. Coach can find a better situation. AISD may not find anything but a puppet as a replacement.  Finally caught it on KAMR local news. 

I coached Pop Warner for a year. The politics left such a bad taste in my mouth, I walked away.

A tip I got from another coach for mouthy kids whose parents filled their head with delusions of grandeur. A blank check in my wallet. If a kid threatened me with his parents, you yank out the blank check and threaten to repay the parents the registration fee. That usually got the point across.

7 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

School board member thought her daughter deserved more playing time. Administration, including the AD, threw the coach under the bus. 

Wow, I didn't know it was a school board member. That's even sweeter to know since I have about as much respect from them as I do journalists (staff not included) and lawyers (DA's not included). BTW, the AD should be fired and the board member should resign. 

13 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

A post above indicated the coach had retaliated. Can you give more details?

1 hour ago, Bear19 said:

A post above indicated the coach had retaliated. Can you give more details?

It has not been reported around here (Amarillo) that the coach retaliated in any form other than resigning and then the issue getting media blasted (which is a good thing, imo).  The school board member has been identified. The community as far as I can tell is fully behind the coach's decision.  I would be very surprised if the school board member didn't step down.  But, I've not seen anything reported from her side of the issue.