Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

Just now, Sirhornsalot said:

Jimbo had one good class. Suddenly, we're awarding him the state. 

I have no idea what 7/16 is unless its something in July.

If Texas wants to put players into that place where football goes to finish 3rd or 4th every year – that's their prerogative. When/if that happens, we'll find our champions elsewhere. F aggy and their annual moral victories.

Haha, whoever signs the most prospects in top 10/20 wins the state. Per services aggies signed 7 of top 16 prospects in Texas , that is more than any other school. So some people thinking Aggies didn’t win the state is false, they did recruit better than a Texas in state in 2019, there is no other way to slice it. Now we can review in 4 years to see if the rankings hold up. 

We are talking recruiting and if that continues, that’s not good for Texas 

2 hours ago, dillohorn said:

17 year olds are not what they used to be. Many, many, now days are spoiled, entitled, brats and that's a fact that is plain to see.. 

They were spoiled then too. Just in different ways. I went to La Porte in the late 70s early 80s. We had a lot of Texas,  Oklahoma, a&m, and Arkansas players. Most of them are probably no different than the players today. The lack of social media saved them. I saw the Trans Ams guys had after they committed. It was probably more out in the open then. 

When I look back in time I always think the times and myself were better than the reality.  

9 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Haha, whoever signs the most prospects in top 10/20 wins the state. Per services aggies signed 7 of top 16 prospects in Texas , that is more than any other school. So some people thinking Aggies didn’t win the state is false, they did recruit better than a Texas in state in 2019, there is no other way to slice it. Now we can review in 4 years to see if the rankings hold up. 

We are talking recruiting and if that continues, that’s not good for Texas 

That sounds a LOT like one of those aggy moral victories. Pardon me if I hop off of your bandwagon at this point.

I've watched recruiting since before the services were invented. True Orange, back when it was something, was where I started. I can tell you with great certainty that aggy has sometimes pulled off a higher ranked class than Texas.

Never, at any of those years, did I see anyone other than aggy making a big deal out of it. I expect them to make a big deal out of it. I expect you to have trouble keeping my interest because, the jealousy doesn't work both ways. Those poor fools are going to dead dog town for four years where they can strive for a 3rd place finish in a division of a conference.

The titles they claim will not be accompanied by hardware.

Thats not a scholarship. Thats a sentence.

Texas will be in – and win – the CFB before aggy ever wins their division of a conference.

15 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

That sounds a LOT like one of those aggy moral victories. Pardon me if I hop off of your bandwagon at this point.

I've watched recruiting since before the services were invented. True Orange, back when it was something, was where I started. I can tell you with great certainty that aggy has sometimes pulled off a higher ranked class than Texas.

Never, at any of those years, did I see anyone other than aggy making a big deal out of it. I expect them to make a big deal out of it. I expect you to have trouble keeping my interest because, the jealousy doesn't work both ways. Those poor fools are going to dead dog town for four years where they can strive for a 3rd place finish in a division of a conference.

Texas will be in – and win – the CFB before aggy ever wins their division of a conference.

Don’t disagree with u about titles etc but I don’t care who the other team is, Texas not signing the most of the top 20 prospects in Texas isn’t good for Texas. Who determines who those top 20 are is up for debate. 

I didn’t start the 7/16 random number but if we are talking recruiting Aggie claiming they “won the state in 2019 class” is accurate , per current rankings they did sign the more top 20 Texas players than any other school 

13 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

100% agree.  I may have flamed out in Austin in my first year but I saw Steve Ray Vaughn, the Fab Tbirds, Steve Earle etc. I don’t think they played the Dixie Chicken. 

This year was always going to be tough in-state with OU coming off a playoff appearance, Jimbo having the "new car smell", and Texas going 7-6.  Despite all that we still have the #7 class and atm our composite is higher than aggy.

2020 is going to look a whole lot different coming off a NY6 win.  Look at all the 2020 visitors we are expecting this weekend.  And we will continue to get elite OOS talent as well.

1 hour ago, TheContractor said:

Leal, Wright and Green for sure, Richardson early on for sure we did but I think we moved on for the better there.

I don’t care the reason they chose Aggie over sum I care that they did.

too many are falling for the $sec myth and that’s a problem, and it’ll continue. 

Mid they bagged him, that our problem still. I’m about playing the game as well as Sec plays it, 0 reasons not to. 

Green, agree mostly, sec myth helped also 

depth chart is a valid reason. 

Inhope u are right that 2020 will be a great class, it has the potential but that’s no guarantee. We better win big 12 and show up vs LSU and Ou. Aggie has 8-4 to 6-6 so that better help us. 

We need to limit the studs we want from going to LSU, Bama and Ohio St also. LSU/Bama will always take the Marcel Brooks and that’s fine. 2019 we have a path to Big 12 ring and playoffs, we need to capitalize. 

ESPN has millions invested in the $EC. The ESPN spin doctors were out in full force after Texas soundly beat UGA and the $EC's dismal bowl record. Listening to them was like reading the aggy meltdown threads.

36 minutes ago, Baron said:

ESPN has millions invested in the $EC. The ESPN spin doctors were out in full force after Texas soundly beat UGA and the $EC's dismal bowl record. Listening to them was like reading the aggy meltdown threads.

Of course but that same ESecPN owns LHN so 1 could argue they hype up Texas (which I agree with u , they only hype up Sec which is a 2-3 horse conference, 1 horse many years) 

53 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Completely agree. I don’t think he is a bad kid like some here do. I hope he becomes a Longhorn 

Must have missed that.  Didn't read where anyone said he's a bad kid.

2 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Don’t disagree with u about titles etc but I don’t care who the other team is, Texas not signing the most of the top 20 prospects in Texas isn’t good for Texas. Who determines who those top 20 are is up for debate. 

I didn’t start the 7/16 random number but if we are talking recruiting Aggie claiming they “won the state in 2019 class” is accurate , per current rankings they did sign the more top 20 Texas players than any other school 

Well, in all fairness you started this with "own the state." Now we're reduced to winning the state. We'll have to have a different conversation because the two phrases mean totally different things.

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I mean the kid has a point. 

I think so, too. I got un-friended by one of my sons on FB a year ago because I popped in and criticized him for not wearing the proper amount of winter gear in a pic he posted. lol I prolly shouldn't have done that. lol

1 hour ago, TheContractor said:

Of course but that same ESecPN owns LHN so 1 could argue they hype up Texas (which I agree with u , they only hype up Sec which is a 2-3 horse conference, 1 horse many years) 

LHN is losing money and I'd be willing to bet that Mike Slive (The devil, Saban is only an Arch-Fiend) negotiated and demanded all sorts of caveats and anti Big 12 clauses when the $EC network was formed.

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think so, too. I got un-friended by one of my sons on FB a year ago because I popped in and criticized him for not wearing the proper amount of winter gear in a pic he posted. lol I prolly shouldn't have done that. lol

Just because he was jumping buck naked into a frozen lake?  How dast ye?

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I mean the kid has a point. 

Sounds to me like FWK is a drama king too, or is using leverage to get “more” whatever he’s trying for?!

Have to chuckle as I read tweets from recruits posted on bleacher report who are announcing offers from schools such as “university of baylor” and “university of Texas Tech”.  Not just one recruit, but multiple different recruits wording these schools as above.  Just kids yes, but they should look into the schools who want them and learn the actual names of the universities.

@Sirhornsalot I suppose, if pressed, I wouldn't say that Jimbo has owned the state this recruiting cycle just like I wouldn't say Texas owned the state with its #3 ranked class last cycle. I agree that they have a good amount of "fluff" guys signed but there's also no disputing the fact that aggy has signed something like 7 of the top 16 players in the state. Much like Texas did a year ago. I think when the smoke clears we came away with a better and more well rounded class than they did. That's just my humble opinion. And, HELL YES. There are some young dudes strolling around campus that will be absolute junkyard dogs in a couple years! I can't wait.

29 minutes ago, DisplacedTexan said:

@Sirhornsalot I suppose, if pressed, I wouldn't say that Jimbo has owned the state this recruiting cycle just like I wouldn't say Texas owned the state with its #3 ranked class last cycle. I agree that they have a good amount of "fluff" guys signed but there's also no disputing the fact that aggy has signed something like 7 of the top 16 players in the state. Much like Texas did a year ago. I think when the smoke clears we came away with a better and more well rounded class than they did. That's just my humble opinion. And, HELL YES. There are some young dudes strolling around campus that will be absolute junkyard dogs in a couple years! I can't wait.

Here's a list of recruits from aggy's class that I wish we had.

1. Demarvion Leal

2. Kenyon Green

That's it. The rest is a mix of fluff and some decent pieces. Wouldn't trade anything we have for them.

In 2018, Texas wasn't really pushing that we won the state. The talk mostly circled around possibly the best DB class we'd ever seen here.

19 hours ago, Harrison Wier said:

Herman already remedying the thinning QB room. Saxton is a legit 3-star. Getting him as a PWO is huge and adds depth. 

Surprising there's not more buzz about this young man. Grandson of the great James Saxton. At 6'5" 190 lbs he may look skinny,  but when he fills out,  he will be a big man.  Hudl looked pretty good to me.  Good accuracy,  and can throw moving either direction. Maybe not a big running threat, but not a statue either. 

Could have surprising potential, and a 3* with no scholly burned?...Awesome! 

Here's to you,  kid!  Welcome to the 40!

15 minutes ago, UTfish said:

Surprising there's not more buzz about this young man. Grandson of the great James Saxton. At 6'5" 190 lbs he may look skinny,  but when he fills out,  he will be a big man.  Hudl looked pretty good to me.  Good accuracy,  and can throw moving either direction. Maybe not a big running threat, but not a statue either. 

Could have surprising potential, and a 3* with no scholly burned?...Awesome! 

Here's to you,  kid!  Welcome to the 40!

Hopefully, he can become a reliable QB. It's hard to get excited about his offer list.

Saxton also held offers from Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Memphis, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Rutgers, Toledo, Tulane, and others

Here is Roschon Johnson's offer list

Johnson’s decision to choose the Longhorns over schools like Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, and Texas A&M was a no-brainer for him.

31 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Hopefully, he can become a reliable QB. It's hard to get excited about his offer list.

Saxton also held offers from Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Memphis, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Rutgers, Toledo, Tulane, and others

Here is Roschon Johnson's offer list

Johnson’s decision to choose the Longhorns over schools like Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, and Texas A&M was a no-brainer for him.

Not comparing him to anyone, PD, just happy to get him in a position where we are now getting thin again. 

look....we have had ONE decent year since 2009....That is a lifetime to these recruits....when we talk about Colt and Vince, we may as well be talking leather helmets ....No reason to panic....if we start winning like we think we are entitled to do(see what I did there?) then we will get the best of the best on a regular basis. This is not a "chicken or egg" type deal, we have to show that we are on the rise through the record. We have done a great job of beating the high ranked teams, but we have still sucked beating the low ranked teams. We have a chance to completely regain the momentum this year.....In my mind 2019 will be a watershed year either direction....

I dont blame twitter....the FWK or the recruits....we hold our own destiny....just win baby