Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, Slimer said:

I don't think he had an in-home visit tonight.  Either way, don't care.  Only deal about losing him would be the perception of "Jimbo owning the state and Herman" which will be the complete opposite for 2020.

40 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

What are the odds that this guy flames out wherever he lands, or ends up transferring?  Enough already with the “all eyes on me” BS.

I don't know that its all about him. I mean it is, but its equally likely the kid is just in a situation he's not comfortable in. He's being tugged in two directions, not handling it well.

I hesitate to call him a bust before he hits campus. He may very well take off and fly once he gets going. Or he could flop.

I'm okay if he ends up with aggy. I'm okay if he ends up here.

Can you imagine the sense of power to be 18 (give or take), send a vague tweet and then have hundreds of thousands of people applauding or hand wringing?  

I love and follow recruiting, but choose not to participate in this. One four star recruit won’t make or break us or the agroids.  

My preference is that he signs with us, based on football potential.  

well said Dee.....I dont think this is the first time He has deleted UT commit from his twitter. It use to be that we had a signing day ....and then another day to see if everyone qualified and reported. Now days we have an early signing day....a second signing day...a "scholastic qualification " watch and then seeing who reports for fall camp. It just gets to be too much drama. I think I will just wait for that fall reporting day and consider all the rest so much pee and vinegar.

My only issue with Shepherd is that if you aren't committed, then de-commit. Not that complicated. But don't stay committed and do this BS. On our side, I would not hold a spot for him. If he decides he wants to be here and we have a sport, fine. If we've filled our spots, too bad. It should work both ways. 

Guys calm down on Sheppard, this guy is just a kid. Let him enjoy the process. We are grown ass men worried about what a 17 year old is going to do with his life the next 3-4 years. If I were him, I'd be enjoying the process as much as possible as well. We were all kids once, when I was 17, I was dating a girl who thought we'd be together for the rest of our lives, I was not that committed at the time, most of us have been there, LOL; we just have forgotten what it is to be young and have the entire world to look forward to. FYI I think he sticks to his original commitment. 

I hope we get JS, I think he is a quality football player and not a criminal. That’s all I care about. I don’t care about the dances he is doing btw soph year and NSD, as long he signs with my team. If he doesn’t work his tail off he won’t be on the roster in 2 years. Also, I think Demon Demas is a stud WR in 2020 and he helps with him, a lot.  

I think all players should take multiple OVs, know what’s out there then decide. 

6 hours ago, dillohorn said:

Shepherd's attitude has "problem child" written all over it. Horns don't need a distraction model on campus. 

I just don’t know if you would call it ‘attitude’ or ‘indecision’.  I knew where I wanted to go (Texas). But for some reason a year later I was in the Marines. Not studying hard enough. After 5 years I didn’t have that problem. I wasn’t the most stable at the time. I have a couple of teenage boys right now. With all those hormones coasting through them teenagers are crazy.  Nothing wrong with that.  

1 hour ago, jrcruz1026 said:

Guys calm down on Sheppard, this guy is just a kid. Let him enjoy the process. We are grown ass men worried about what a 17 year old is going to do with his life the next 3-4 years. If I were him, I'd be enjoying the process as much as possible as well. We were all kids once, when I was 17, I was dating a girl who thought we'd be together for the rest of our lives, I was not that committed at the time, most of us have been there, LOL; we just have forgotten what it is to be young and have the entire world to look forward to. FYI I think he sticks to his original commitment. 

Good post JR.  It's just that it's hard for some of us older guys to accept some of the changes in culture nowadays. Being committed to your word was drilled into us like a peckerwood on a pine tree.  Written contracts were often looked on as unnecessary and even insulting, as a man's word was his bond.  It is what it is now. 

6 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Can you imagine the sense of power to be 18 (give or take), send a vague tweet and then have hundreds of thousands of people applauding or hand wringing?  

I love and follow recruiting, but choose not to participate in this. One four star recruit won’t make or break us or the agroids.  

My preference is that he signs with us, based on football potential.  

Amen

35 minutes ago, UTfish said:

Good post JR.  It's just that it's hard for some of us older guys to accept some of the changes in culture nowadays. Being committed to your word was drilled into us like a peckerwood on a pine tree.  Written contracts were often looked on as unnecessary and even insulting, as a man's word was his bond.  It is what it is now. 

Until a kid signs, he's free to look wherever he wants. Just take the committed off the profile. Be upfront with the coaches that you are looking. Don't recruit for another school why you are committed. Stuff like that. Just treat people the way you would want to be treated and life's good. Regardless of religious affiliation, this is a good motto to follow. Kids need to realize these coaches are dumping tons of time and money into you. Just don't string someone along and then do the hat thing on signing day. It's classless. As long as a kid is upfront with the coaches, he owes nothing to the fans. Coaches can keep silent commits and de-commits. That's up to them. 

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The worst part about all of this is the fact that Jimbo really has owned the state in recruiting this cycle. aggy has 7 of the top 16 in Texas.

Of course, most of those commits were long before bowl season and if they had any sense they would see that that particular conference is overrated. 

41 minutes ago, DisplacedTexan said:

The worst part about all of this is the fact that Jimbo really has owned the state in recruiting this cycle. aggy has 7 of the top 16 in Texas.

Of course, most of those commits were long before bowl season and if they had any sense they would see that that particular conference is overrated. 

Leal, Wright, Richardson and Green are really the only ones Texas wanted

Leal-Hell fell in love with the myth of the sec.. Oh well

Wight-Probably bagged

Richardson-Scared of Texas depth chart

Green-Grew up loving aggys,  coached by aggys in high school. He was never coming here.

JImbo did well but there is always context in regard to what really happened.

Texas 2020 class will be one for ages..... 

51 minutes ago, DisplacedTexan said:

I don't buy that Jimbo has owned the state. He rode a wave that he helped create when he walked in and ceased working on the 2018 class and instead got a huge jump on the 2019 class. It paid off.

Some of the recruits Jimbo landed will not be playing ball in another year. But it looks good for now.

I think Herman has the jump this time around. I don't think either Texas or aggy are anywhere near "owning the state." When that happens, you basically just select your class like Bama does.

And if not for some of what Jimbo did, we wouldn't have players like Degabriel Floyd, who will surely be forced to register with the Austin PD as a walking, talking registered lethal weapon.

4 hours ago, jrcruz1026 said:

17 year olds are not what they used to be. Many, many, now days are spoiled, entitled, brats and that's a fact that is plain to see.. 

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Leal, Wright, Richardson and Green are really the only ones Texas wanted

Leal-Hell fell in love with the myth of the sec.. Oh well

Wight-Probably bagged

Richardson-Scared of Texas depth chart

Green-Grew up loving aggys,  coached by aggys in high school. He was never coming here.

JImbo did well but there is always context in regard to what really happened.

Texas 2020 class will be one for ages..... 

Leal, Wright and Green for sure, Richardson early on for sure we did but I think we moved on for the better there.

I don’t care the reason they chose Aggie over sum I care that they did.

too many are falling for the $sec myth and that’s a problem, and it’ll continue. 

Mid they bagged him, that our problem still. I’m about playing the game as well as Sec plays it, 0 reasons not to. 

Green, agree mostly, sec myth helped also 

depth chart is a valid reason. 

Inhope u are right that 2020 will be a great class, it has the potential but that’s no guarantee. We better win big 12 and show up vs LSU and Ou. Aggie has 8-4 to 6-6 so that better help us. 

We need to limit the studs we want from going to LSU, Bama and Ohio St also. LSU/Bama will always take the Marcel Brooks and that’s fine. 2019 we have a path to Big 12 ring and playoffs, we need to capitalize. 

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't buy that Jimbo has owned the state. He rode a wave that he helped create when he walked in and ceased working on the 2018 class and instead got a huge jump on the 2019 class. It paid off.

Some of the recruits Jimbo landed will not be playing ball in another year. But it looks good for now.

I think Herman has the jump this time around. I don't think either Texas or aggy are anywhere near "owning the state." When that happens, you basically just select your class like Bama does.

And if not for some of what Jimbo did, we wouldn't have players like Degabriel Floyd, who will surely be forced to register with the Austin PD as a walking, talking registered lethal weapon.

7/16 is winning the state unless we signed >8. And how many did Texas sign? 

No sugar coating it, we got beat in Texas in 2018. OOS saved our ass and I love going OOS 5-10 times /class as needed but we can’t get worked instate again.

We can own the state and get Floyd, Jake Smith and Watson... that’s what it’s gonna take to win a title 

50 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

7/16 is winning the state unless we signed >8. And how many did Texas sign? 

No sugar coating it, we got beat in Texas in 2018. OOS saved our ass and I love going OOS 5-10 times /class as needed but we can’t get worked instate again.

We can own the state and get Floyd, Jake Smith and Watson... that’s what it’s gonna take to win a title 

Jimbo had one good class. Suddenly, we're awarding him the state. 

I have no idea what 7/16 is unless its something in July.

If Texas HS coaches want to put players into that place where football goes to finish 3rd or 4th every year (in a division of a conference) – that's their prerogative. When/if that happens, we'll find our champions elsewhere. F aggy and their annual moral victories.