Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Shepherd was quoted on TOS saying (paraphrased) I'm committed to Texas and will make my college choice on Feb. 6.

I don't even know what to say about that. smh

yea, no kidding. He needs to be called on this BS. I'm not committed to anyone and I'll let the coaches know when I do. 

15 hours ago, Slimer said:

No new offers have gone out.  I bet we look to take a JUCO/Grad transfer OL and maybe a grad transfer RB.  We may just stand pat with where we are at and take a full class for 2020, which is deeper in-state plus we have the momentum.

I hear it suggested a lot in this forum to “save ships.”  In other words, to not use up available scholarships because there are players eligible for scholarships a calendar year away that we MIGHT be able to sign.  I’m going to suggest that this practice is extremely rare and if tried is loaded with risk.   I’d say using available scholarships in today’s world is paramount.  

I’ll stand down, ready to be corrected since so many people seem to think this is a good idea.   

Saw on twitter to look out for OL Ira Henry to visit. He’s from St. Louis. Same high school as Marcus Washington and Mookie Cooper.

According to 247 he is a 3 star player. Offers from Florida, Florida State, Missouri, Illinois, and Iowa State. Listed at 320 pounds already!

56 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

It appears that the only thing left for the 2019 class is a couple OL via juco or grad transfer and maybe the juco LB. Other than that the staff is moving forward with the 2020 class at this point... 

No hope for Catalon?

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

It appears that the only thing left for the 2019 class is a couple OL via juco or grad transfer and maybe the juco LB. Other than that the staff is moving forward with the 2020 class at this point... 

Does that mean no 2nd RB? High School or Grad Transfer?

I would be fine with Whittington as the other RB.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I saw that Texas wont have OV's this weekend but a bunch of 2020 and maybe 2021 guys.

4 hours ago, TB14 said:

Saw on twitter to look out for OL Ira Henry to visit. He’s from St. Louis. Same high school as Marcus Washington and Mookie Cooper.

According to 247 he is a 3 star player. Offers from Florida, Florida State, Missouri, Illinois, and Iowa State. Listed at 320 pounds already!

His name has been floating around recently, but he has yet to visit. Doesn’t get real until a visit date gets locked in. Washington would certainly help there. 

57 minutes ago, DisplacedTexan said:

4 Star RB Deondrick Glass just committed to Okie Lite. 

We need a RB to help shoulder the load along with Keontay Ingram. I have no faith left in Carter and Porter has had his share of issues. 

Who we gon' get?

Derrian Brown?

2 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

Jordan Whittington?

Interesting chatter about using him at RB.  However, we heard the same regarding LJ and that didn’t really happen much.  Maybe didn’t need to with our two main backs doing well.

18 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Grad transfers, >225# RB is ideal. Big back to shoulder the load, short yardage, grind the clock in 4th Q and one who leaves after 1 year so we can get 2 big time RBs in 2020 class. 

I hope that guy is out there...and likes Tex-Mex food!