Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

Yeah, I figured Higgins would go to Stanford. Can't blame the kid at all.

I think it's very possible that Texas whiffs on all its targets tomorrow. Seems like Texas's best shot is with Cain, and even that seems like a coin flip at best.

If Sheppard flips to agroid, then the OL class is even worse than predicted. But then again, I have held reservations about Sheppard ever making very far at the next level. So I'm not sure we lost or gained, if he flips.

Next year's crop of OL will be phenomenal. And we will need to get more than our fair share. We'll also need a couple of NGs on the DL.

Yeah Shepherd was one who I thought had a bit of a low floor, but given our numbers on the OL we can't afford to be picky.  Unless things at OL and RB take a significant turn for the better in the next few months those whiffs will reallly undermine an otherwise solid class.

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If Sheppard flips to agroid, then the OL class is even worse than predicted. But then again, I have held reservations about Sheppard ever making very far at the next level. So I'm not sure we lost or gained, if he flips.

Next year's crop of OL will be phenomenal. And we will need to get more than our fair share. We'll also need a couple of NGs on the DL.

Shepherd is talented, no doubt on that. Don’t know a thing about off the field. He also helps a ton with Demon Demas and that is huge for 2020 class 

5 OL and 5 DL for 2020 class is needed 

3 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Shepherd is talented, no doubt on that. Don’t know a thing about off the field. He also helps a ton with Demon Demas and that is huge for 2020 class 

5 OL and 5 DL for 2020 class is needed 

Think Shep just trolling people. Could have flipped a while ago but didn’t.

3 minutes ago, RDHookEm said:

Think Shep just trolling people. Could have flipped a while ago but didn’t.

If he’s serious about his commitment he’d sign today.  If he doesn’t he’s either wanting the attention or he’s not coming to Texas.

12 minutes ago, Drb522 said:

If he’s serious about his commitment he’d sign today.  If he doesn’t he’s either wanting the attention or he’s not coming to Texas.

He wants the attention. That guy loves the attention LOL

14 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Not before you actually see who they end up signing. And pretty much not even then. Jeez. 

I was only asking for an opinion from those more tuned in to this recruiting round. I've never seen such a confusing recruiting season at UT before this one.

3 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Word must be leaking out. Lots of CB for Sanders to Georgia coming in... Fake insiders wrong again...

On a positive note, looks like Cain to UT crystal balls starting to pour in props to you, u called that yesterday. I do have a credible source saying that UT was expecting to get sanders just a couple of days ago though. That’s a fact. Things just didn’t play out in the end.

Just now, DBOOK23 said:

On a positive note, looks like Cain to UT crystal balls starting to pour in props to you, u called that yesterday. I do have a credible source saying that UT was expecting to get sanders just a couple of days ago though. That’s a fact

I really wanted Sanders; more so than Cain.  Regardless, Cain is an excellent pick up!  When is he announcing?

6 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

On a positive note, looks like Cain to UT crystal balls starting to pour in props to you, u called that yesterday. I do have a credible source saying that UT was expecting to get sanders just a couple of days ago though. That’s a fact. Things just didn’t play out in the end.

A RB class of Cain of Brown is fine with me

7 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

I’ll take a RB class of Cain and brown

edit: double post, my bad