Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

28 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Stoked to add Johnson. I think LB class looks solid after a lot of people questioning it for awhile. Johnson, Floyd, Gbenda, and Tillman is a solid class!

Agreed. Floyd is a big 12 Mac, Caleb a big 12 Rover. Both are what we needed and both need to study film in spring Bc they will play a lot, early. Glenda is a very good quick, physical LB at 210-215#. If he is able to get a redshirt year , he will be very good at 235 inside. He is versatile and quick, shows good instincts. Not sure what the knock on him was but I didn’t see it on film. Tillman I’m not sold on but he seems good to round out the class. Tillman is a tweeter to me, not fast enough to be Rover. Not physical and big enough at 220# to be a Mac. Not agile enough to be a BBacker coming off the edge consistently. But in 2 years could be able to fill in at all 3 spots depending on opponent. 

In 2020 we need a pure B-Backer, aka Chaisson, Ossai, what E Flowers was suppose to be. Someone who can run the arc and make the LT nervous. It will add a very nice new element to our D we haven’t seen yet. 

2 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

Agreed. Floyd is a big 12 Mac, Caleb a big 12 Rover. Both are what we needed and both need to study film in spring Bc they will play a lot, early. Glenda is a very good quick, physical LB at 210-215#. If he is able to get a redshirt year , he will be very good at 235 inside. He is versatile and quick, shows good instincts. Not sure what the knock on him was but I didn’t see it on film. Tillman I’m not sold on but he seems good to round out the class. Tillman is a tweeter to me, not fast enough to be Rover. Not physical and big enough at 220# to be a Mac. Not agile enough to be a BBacker coming off the edge consistently. But in 2 years could be able to fill in at all 3 spots depending on opponent. 

In 2020 we need a pure B-Backer, aka Chaisson, Ossai, what E Flowers was suppose to be. Someone who can run the arc and make the LT nervous. It will add a very nice new element to our D we haven’t seen yet. 

Johnson projects as an Inside LB?

2 minutes ago, wadster said:

If we can't get a RB something is wrong. Few programs can offer immediate playing tine like we can at the position. 

Biggest 2019 need left. Someone who has the ability to get meaningful 10-15 carris /game. I prefer someone with power to balance it out w Ingram. Who can get 8-10, 4Q carries when we are up <7 and don’t need to give the ball back. 

6 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Georgia is now worried that with Fields seeking a transfer that has Trey Sanders parents worried. Why would a kid transfer after 1 semester.

His recruitment gets wilder by the day.

Hard to separate fact from fiction.

I’m just ready for it to be over. Two more days. 

10 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Georgia is now worried that with Fields seeking a transfer that has Trey Sanders parents worried. Why would a kid transfer after 1 semester.

His recruitment gets wilder by the day.

Hard to separate fact from fiction.

I just now realized that you are Longhorn Frenzy on twitter. Interesting

On 12/16/2018 at 7:26 PM, DBOOK23 said:

I’ve been wrong before and I would hate to get you guys all riled up and disappointed, but I have a credible source that says we are landing a certain 5 star player

What is your level of confidence now?

2 hours ago, DClonghornsfan said:

Not to distract from the commit but you see us sticking a toe in the Justin Fields transfer market? 

Don't think so. We're set at QB. Ehlinger, Buechele, Rising, Thompson and now Johnson. Johnson is going to be a star here. And if Rising gets a year at the helm, he'll make a lot of noise.

30 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Don't think so. We're set at QB. Ehlinger, Buechele, Rising, Thompson and now Johnson. Johnson is going to be a star here. And if Rising gets a year at the helm, he'll make a lot of noise.

What you say is true, however if Justin Fields would want to come here, you do everything to get him.