Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

19 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Open question.

Of the two, which would you take? Bru or Sanders? 

Honestly probably Sanders b/c I feel decent about where we are at with WRs currently on the roster and currently committed. Who knows if Sanders jumps on board it may help with Bru? Lol 

2 hours ago, prosfromdover said:

The kool aid view would be that some choice Aggy and OU commits but especially Aggy commits want to jump ship but are afraid for their livestock and cousins and whatnot, so they're keeping it on the DL. And Sanders and McCoy. 

Yep true dat

33 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Open question.

In my mind, you always take a RB. That can absolutely change a team (based on touches and it can hide some deficiencies in the OL - Foreman was an example of that.) Plus, I think we have some fairly solid talent at WR. Bru may be better of course.

1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

Is anyone still here from 2016? Don’t you guys remember how fun it was just hitting reload on this thread all day everyday? Lol good times

Yeah I remember the good old times. That year was the most incredible display of crootin asswhippin if I ever seen one. I don't think any of the mods slept much either

1 hour ago, Bear19 said:

Open question.

I would love to have Bru since he's been compared to Calvin Johnson and he looks like him in his film.

However, I would never turn down a back like Trey Sanders. A back like Trey comes along every 10 years. He's has an NFL body already, so we probably won't have to limit his carries like we did with Keontay. He could have really helped against OU a couple of weeks ago by keeping Murray and the UT defense on the bench.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trey+sanders&&view=detail&mid=3464A6F2827BD82B6AE83464A6F2827BD82B6AE8&&FORM=VDRVRV

17 minutes ago, Monsieur ATX said:

Does the staff know of the current 5 star that’s coming to us?

Yes. He’s set to announce on Wednesday. Like I said take it with a grain of salt because recruiting is very fluid. But I was told yesterday that he was heading to Austin. This is the same guy that told me Pat Hudson was coming but he’s also the same guy that said Todd Dodge was a done deal so like I said just take it with a grain of salt but I believe him.

17 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

What percent chance would you put at this actually happening?

I’m no recruiting expert but I’d say the chances are like when a meteorologist says it’s gonna rain tomorrow. Everything appears that way but the weather is unpredictable. 

Really expected a Hookfin commitment this weekend, especially given that it seemed a foregone conclusion that he was one of the recent shhh's.  If indeed he was I can't imagine that we soured on him, otherwise we wouldn't have taken the silent commit.  So either it wasn't him, or Baylor (or someone?) flipped him.

4 hours ago, primal defense said:

I would love to have Bru since he's been compared to Calvin Johnson and he looks like him in his film.

However, I would never turn down a back like Trey Sanders. A back like Trey comes along every 10 years. He's has an NFL body already, so we probably won't have to limit his carries like we did with Keontay. He could have really helped against OU a couple of weeks ago by keeping Murray and the UT defense on the bench.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=trey+sanders&&view=detail&mid=3464A6F2827BD82B6AE83464A6F2827BD82B6AE8&&FORM=VDRVRV

Where did the Calvin Johnson comp come from? Or is my sarcasm meter broken?

1 hour ago, bevotee said:

Really expected a Hookfin commitment this weekend, especially given that it seemed a foregone conclusion that he was one of the recent shhh's.  If indeed he was I can't imagine that we soured on him, otherwise we wouldn't have taken the silent commit.  So either it wasn't him, or Baylor (or someone?) flipped him.

Probably will be something we get into once the dust settles.