Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

12 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

You know this whole recruiting cycle has really gotten me scratching my head. The whole Hoofkin recruitment within the last few minutes has gotten me thinking a couple of things. One..Something is not adding up that doesn't feel right and Two.  Something really crazy that is going on behind the scenes that the coaches are not saying.

The kool aid view would be that some choice Aggy and OU commits but especially Aggy commits want to jump ship but are afraid for their livestock and cousins and whatnot, so they're keeping it on the DL. And Sanders and McCoy. 

Just now, DBOOK23 said:

Is anyone still here from 2016? Don’t you guys remember how fun it was just hitting reload on this thread all day everyday? Lol good times

That's when I got interested in following the recruiting cycle! That was a fun year.

1 minute ago, DBOOK23 said:

Is anyone still here from 2016? Don’t you guys remember how fun it was just hitting reload on this thread all day everyday? Lol good times

yep...was just trying to explain to the wife the excitement of the crootin season 

59 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats why you don't do it unless you have one of two reasons going for you. 1) said recruit did something impermissible in some way, or 2) Bru McCoy is coming and we need the spot in the group.

Not sure you can say they ditched Houston for Kennedy. Houston is a speed guy, which we need. Sorta like Bru McCoy in ways. You know . . . ;)

I definitely agree with reason 1, but I don’t agree with reason 2. You can’t wait forever for a 5 Star and not offer other great kids while waiting for something that may or may not happen. 

If a Bru McCoy or a Sanders wants to come in late, you make it work. You don’t tell them no sorry we’re full. You absolutely make it work. Herman is a Mensa society man. He is smart enough to make it work without ditching a kid.

39 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I definitely agree with reason 1, but I don’t agree with reason 2. You can’t wait forever for a 5 Star and not offer other great kids while waiting for something that may or may not happen. 

If a Bru McCoy or a Sanders wants to come in late, you make it work. You don’t tell them no sorry we’re full. You absolutely make it work. Herman is a Mensa society man. He is smart enough to make it work without ditching a kid.

I was halfway kidding writing that post. I just want McCoy and Sanders.

According to DBOOK, we'll get one of the two. I am happy happy . . . but want the other one, too. lol

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I was halfway kidding writing that post. I just want McCoy and Sanders.

According to DBOOK, we'll get one of the two. I am happy happy . . . but want the other one, too. lol

If it’s a commit on Wednesday, then it’s Sanders. McCoy is committing in January right?