Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

Will Baizer

3 minutes ago, Hookemfan91 said:

TexAgs saying rumor is DE Braedon Mowry is at Texas on a visit.

No offense to Mowry and his game, but I'm not sure that qualifies as "NEXT LEVEL" secret visitor.  It's a nice one to have on campus, but not a program changer at least imo

1 hour ago, texbound said:

No offense to Mowry and his game, but I'm not sure that qualifies as "NEXT LEVEL" secret visitor.  It's a nice one to have on campus, but not a program changer at least imo

dude is a very quality DE, would absolutely love it if he was coming to Austin. i like him better than some higher rates prospects. agree though, "next level" is relative. 

Just talked to my buddy . . . . I asked about Washington, says things are fine for now. He did not visit Mizzou and it appears he's standing firm against some pressure to stay local. They think he's going to stick.

He went through the Washington thing like he was in a hurry to get to the next subject, which was Sanders/McCoy. The Sanders noise is real and Texas has felt confident for some time. He says that things have just meshed very well between Sanders and UT staff, particularly Drayton. Still some ways to endure this free-for-all thats being thrown his way, but they think he'll sign with us.

McCoy ironically is a little more up in the air. I say ironically because I have long felt we were in a better position with McCoy than Sanders. Thats not necessarily the case. We need to survive the Helton visit and the pressure from friends who are already at USC or are going to USC. For now, we're still leading. USC has to show something's about to change. Maybe a name like Kingsbury is enough. Maybe not.

Says Coker is having fun. Would not go further.

Says the staff isn't really recruiting Marcel Brooks anymore. It was always a "let it play out and see what happens" thing. I asked because of a rumor I had heard.

He gave me the name of our newest commit. You all can figure it out but he asked me to sit on it for now.

hoping Rising, DGF and Jake facetime him tomorrow afternoon and remind McCoy he has friends that will be with him in Austin also. 

Washington would be a huge loss, i think he is a very very talented WR. really hope he signs with us, rankings be damed, he is very good. 

dont know what to think on Sanders, hope he wears Burnt Orange wednesday. 

Coker can not play Tackle vs quality DEs, he cant bend. he seems like he is lumbering out there, not fluid. 

edit: doesnt Coker and Mowry go to same HS, Katy Taylor? would love to land Mowry. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Haven’t heard that. Would be something out of left field all things considered. 

And Mowry certainly wouldn't look like #2 in that tweet.

Daniel, with all the positive rumors out there are you warming up to the idea that either of these out of state studs might pick Texas?

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Just talked to my buddy . . . . I asked about Washington, says things are fine for now. He did not visit Mizzou and it appears he's standing firm against some pressure to stay local. They think he's going to stick.

He went through the Washington thing like he was in a hurry to get to the next subject, which was Sanders/McCoy. The Sanders noise is real and Texas has felt confident for some time. He says that things have just meshed very well between Sanders and UT staff, particularly Drayton. Still some ways to endure this free-for-all thats being thrown his way, but they think he'll sign with us.

McCoy ironically is a little more up in the air. I say ironically because I have long felt we were in a better position with McCoy than Sanders. Thats not necessarily the case. We need to survive the Helton visit and the pressure from friends who are already at USC or are going to USC. For now, we're still leading. USC has to show something's about to change. Maybe a name like Kingsbury is enough. Maybe not.

Says Coker is having fun. Would not go further.

Says the staff isn't really recruiting Marcel Brooks anymore. It was always a "let it play out and see what happens" thing. I asked because of a rumor I had heard.

He gave me the name of our newest commit. You all can figure it out but he asked me to sit on it for now.

Does the commit’s name rhyme with Hayleb Bohnson?

9 hours ago, bevotee said:

And Mowry certainly wouldn't look like #2 in that tweet.

Daniel, with all the positive rumors out there are you warming up to the idea that either of these out of state studs might pick Texas?

I’d forget about the #2 tweet. Nothing to see there. 

I’d warmed up to the idea of McCoy right up until Kingsbury was hired. I still can’t move off my stance with Sanders. I’ll have to see him say he’s going to Texas with his own mouth before I believe it’s happening. If Texas can pull him from UGA and Bama from the region of the country I will fall out of my chair. 

10 hours ago, TheContractor said:

hoping Rising, DGF and Jake facetime him tomorrow afternoon and remind McCoy he has friends that will be with him in Austin also. 

Washington would be a huge loss, i think he is a very very talented WR. really hope he signs with us, rankings be damed, he is very good. 

dont know what to think on Sanders, hope he wears Burnt Orange wednesday. 

Coker can not play Tackle vs quality DEs, he cant bend. he seems like he is lumbering out there, not fluid. 

edit: doesnt Coker and Mowry go to same HS, Katy Taylor? would love to land Mowry. 

Yes they attend the same school. Same school that produced Max Wright and I believe Camron Horry. Both signed with A&M. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I’d warmed up to the idea of McCoy right up until Kingsbury was hired. I still can’t move off my stance with Sanders. I’ll have to see him say he’s going to Texas with his own mouth before I believe it’s happening. If Texas can pull him from UGA and Bama from the region of the country I will fall out of my chair. 

Will there be any video of you falling out of your chair if that happens? Just asking for some friends :)

19 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Trey Sanders signed with who?

giphy.thumb.gif.e25c07bccfb1da26e1309e3c25bc3e7a.gif

25 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

1. Baylor is feeling very confident on Hookfin. Sounds like the  Texas staff may not be pushing here.

2. Marcell Brooks was never a take a for Texas. I would be shocked if he ever plays a down of CFB. He would have been a good fit at Baylor under Briles... TDCJ will get a good one day.

That would be a sharp left turn in regards to Hookfin. Saying the staff isn’t pushing wouldn’t be accurate unless something changed very recently. 

30 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

1. Baylor is feeling very confident on Hookfin. Sounds like the  Texas staff may not be pushing here.

2. Marcell Brooks was never a take a for Texas. I would be shocked if he ever plays a down of CFB. He would have been a good fit at Baylor under Briles... TDCJ will get a good one day.

Strange in regards to Hookfin

1 minute ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Hookfin officially visited Texas this weekend and is probably still on campus as I type this, so any uptick in Baylor optimism would be extremely odd unless there’s something being unaccounted for. 

It appears to be happening in real time.. One can only assume there has been some communication between Hookfin and the staff that was not positive.

4 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

That would be a sharp left turn in regards to Hookfin. Saying the staff isn’t pushing wouldn’t be accurate unless something changed very recently. 

Agreed. But the Baylor side got very confident within the last few hours... Something is up for sure.