Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

I'm definitely happy with Kennedy Lewis replacing Powell/Washington if that ends up being the case. I think he has a lot of upside.

On the RB front, I'm really hoping we can land Rhamondre Stevenson (if we don't land Sanders), but he looks like an OU lean to me.

The Glass / Katy negativity is weak minded to me. The tape is the tape and the offers are the offers. He's tough, sneaky fast, good lateral movement and vision, with good balance. He's not Kyle Porter. They were smart to show him busting tackles up front on his tape and not a bunch of mile wide holes. Plus everyone bitches about competition and then they get someone with competition and say but his o-line is too good! If we miss on Sanders, he and Brown are super solid takes and we hope for Evans next year.

10 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

An OL class of Johnson, Shepherd, Hookfin, and Coker would be solid. Add in a grad transfer would make it be even better.

Agree. Add one of the 5 stars, Caleb Johnson and another DL we can be marginally stoked about and this class is badass.

11 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Update: Nothing to see here. That’s all I’ll say. 

And if none of it happens, we'll still have some playmakers on both sides of the ball and two top ten classes in a row.  But I believe Bru and Sanders and Leal breaking hard from Aggy and a surprise Alabama flip 5-star DL Let's go now.

2 hours ago, prosfromdover said:

The Glass / Katy negativity is weak minded to me. The tape is the tape and the offers are the offers. He's tough, sneaky fast, good lateral movement and vision, with good balance. He's not Kyle Porter. They were smart to show him busting tackles up front on his tape and not a bunch of mile wide holes. Plus everyone bitches about competition and then they get someone with competition and say but his o-line is too good! If we miss on Sanders, he and Brown are super solid takes and we hope for Evans next year.

Agreed.  Lumping all backs from a particular school together is silly when you really think about it.