Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

I know Herman and staff are working their butts off out on the recruiting trail, but they need to start hitting some of these guys at the end. Seems we get flirted with but can't seem to close. Not sure why, but that's what it seems like. I wish we had one or two more elite recruiters on the staff. One of those guys that ranks tops in the rankings every year in recruiting. I'm sure we'll end up with a top 10 or so class (which is real good) but we need to get up there with that top handful of teams if we want to start being in contention for the playoffs every year. Maybe we will. I'm hoping

1 minute ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

So based on all the intel from all the boards as of today it looks like

NO

Cain

Sanders

Bru

So when the intel said yes to all three, it was never "yes" to anyone.

This is the strangeness of the Longhorn Nation. Good news or potential good news is rejected and we wait until it trends bad before we buy into it.

We have been groomed to expect disappointment, even though we seldom really experience it. And even though the in-homes TH will have could change everything all over again in this cycle. 

I'll wait and see how this plays out.

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

The potential depth or lack of if at RB is a concern right now with attrition expected at the position.

Yeah, there's no way of sugar coating the depth issue at RB right now. If Porter and Carter transfer (very likely), we could be looking at a roster of Keaontay Ingram, Daniel Young, and then true freshmen plus that 5'5" PWO we took last year. I'm counting any playing time by Houston or K. Johnson as found money at this point.

I'd like to see the staff try and rope in Asa Martin, but that wouldn't help out until 2020.

46 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

This is the strangeness of the Longhorn Nation. Good news or potential good news is rejected and we wait until it trends bad before we buy into it.

We have been groomed to expect disappointment, even though we seldom really experience it. And even though the in-homes TH will have could change everything all over again in this cycle. 

Yea, reading recruiting threads is like reading game day threads during the first half of the game when everyone tells us how much we suck and how we have no chance to win that week's game and how everything is falling apart. 

They are usually right until they are wrong. 

3 hours ago, Sundancekid said:

Yeah, we need more five star running backs like D’ontae Foreman... I would worry more about our offensive line than the running backs. We will be fine.

Last year it was defensive linemen.This year it is running backs. We have another two months to come up with depth at running back.  I have no doubt Herman and Co. will reel in what is needed. They are great evaluators of talent and are well versed on the recruiting trail. 

Wasn’t D’onta a 3 star and his brother Armanti the 4 star?  

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Eric at IT

Sanders 1%

Bru 35%

Cain 25%

Fong says Penn State for Cain. Ej just posted as of right now it's Penn State for Cain as well. 

Lets see what happens the next week or so. 

19 minutes ago, texbound said:

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic on this one.  Also, you're correct in that D'onta was a low 3-star and Armanti was the 4 star.

I thought he might’ve been being sarcastic. Sort of like Colt and Baker being 5 stars. 

58 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

In this pic, it looks like the kid in gray is in the eighth grade chasing an NFL running back. It's a good thing the Newton player is well ahead. I'd hate to see what he would do to the kid in gray head-to-head. It would not be pretty.