Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, utb040713 said:

Well that's not a good sign. So we'd be looking at the following for our LB depth, assuming Roach ends up on the line:

SR: Anthony McCulloch

SO: Joseph Ossai, Demarvion Overshown

RS-FR: Ayodele Adeoye, Byron Vaughns

FR: De'Gabriel Floyd, David Gbenda, Marcus Tillman Jr

I've gotta say, that doesn't inspire confidence.

A lineup of McCulloch, Ossai, Ayodele and Floyd would not bother me. Overshown and Vaughn for depth. Shirt Tillman. Gbenda, have to see.

There's the grad transfer market, too.

IMO, Floyd could be a starter next year.

3 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

A lineup of McCulloch, Ossai, Ayodele and Floyd would not bother me. Overshown and Vaughn for depth. Shirt Tillman. Gbenda, have to see.

IMO, Floyd should (if that is the roster) be a starter next year.

agree, we need a upperclassman. Johnson would start here day 1 at Rover and Floyd/McCulloch/Ossai would be other 3. i like Ayodele but vs Lsu, not as much vc spread. Overshown and Vaughn need a year to play in the right spots b4 being trusted. 

11 hours ago, utb040713 said:

Well that's not a good sign. So we'd be looking at the following for our LB depth, assuming Roach ends up on the line:

SR: Anthony McCulloch

SO: Joseph Ossai, Demarvion Overshown

RS-FR: Ayodele Adeoye, Byron Vaughns

FR: De'Gabriel Floyd, David Gbenda, Marcus Tillman Jr

I've gotta say, that doesn't inspire confidence.

Don't sleep on Byron Vaughns

Bru McCoy seems less likely to me now than ever with his offical visit pushed to Dec 14th while they attempt to replace an entire staff that was fired outside of a coach on the hot seat.  Even considering them with this amount of turmoil has to have everyone thinking he stays home.

He'll be a nice prize if Herman can pull it off.

12 hours ago, shotime73 said:

I'm not understanding the logic and excuse my French here but what kind of Purina puppy chow bullshit is that for to fire all the coaching staff EXCEPT the head coach. Seriously? His primary recruiter you let go and you retain the head coach. I don't understand this head scratcher at all. .If I was Herman I'll be going all in up in that open field recruitment like it's nobody's business

Here's my advice to Tom Herman. Talk shotime with you to visit Bru and let's get this thing shut down. Boom!

17 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

IMO, Floyd could be a starter next year.

Is see Rian Davis is taking visits, are we still in contact? 

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, texbound said:

I hear you on the numbers, but UT did well with 13 DBs on the roster this year.  I could see them increasing slightly, and I think they will be at 14 for next year (only losing Locke, Boyd and Davis).  However, on the LB crew I only count 6 returning (McCulloch, Townsend, Adeoye, Hobbs, Ossai, and Overshown).  I'm not sure you can count on Townsend being in the rotation and Roach will be back down on the line (probably taking over Charles spot). That's only 2 guys with real game time experience at LB.  I think it's extremely important they get Caleb Johnson.  This defense relies on its LB.  Just my opinion.

Agree on LBS you missed Boyd he may not return but is still on roster. LBer is important then every position is. Big 12 offenses to defend DBS are a big need IMO. For the last several years OL is teamsweaknest.

Just have to wait and see final numbers and who leaves the team.

1 minute ago, TB14 said:

Man. Haven’t read the board in a couple days. Crazy how fast things change. No longer looking good for Bru, Cain, Johnson, or keeping Houston???

Cain looking good from what I have been reading here.  Who knows with Bru, sounds like could be a toss up.