Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

8 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Was watching him some earlier. Missed that he was offered, but wouldn’t be a bad contingency plan if Cain goes elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Was watching him some earlier. Missed that he was offered, but wouldn’t be a bad contingency plan if Cain goes elsewhere. 

depending on who we lose at RB (Houston, Porter Toneil - all gone) (Young(not sure if he can hold the ball and coaches trust him, KJ - who knows). we only have Ingram. We need both Stevenson(Jr) and Cain(trFr) along with Ingram(soph).  I want a 235# RB in the 4th Q vs LSU wearing them out. 

If the 3 above all transfer out, we are too thin not to take both. Brown is a redshirt unless injuries likely. 

6 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

depending on who we lose at RB (Houston, Porter Toneil - all gone) (Young(not sure if he can hold the ball and coaches trust him, KJ - who knows). we only have Ingram. We need both Stevenson(Jr) and Cain(trFr) along with Ingram(soph).  I want a 235# RB in the 4th Q vs LSU wearing them out. 

If the 3 above all transfer out, we are too thin not to take both. Brown is a redshirt unless injuries likely. 

I can see your three tapping out and leaving. Young will likely stay. Johnson has already said he will not play football next year.

We need two backs in this class, IMO. I've been told that Sanders is no longer an option. Cain is getting a full court press from Gawga so Stevenson would make sense. I could see us swooping in on someone like, uhummm, Barlow from Newton, late in the process.

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I can see your three tapping out and leaving. Young will likely stay. Johnson has already said he will not play football next year.

We need two backs in this class, IMO. I've been told that Sanders is no longer an option. Cain is getting a full court press from Gawga so Stevenson would make sense. I could see us swooping in on someone like, uhummm, Barlow from Newton, late in the process.

Seems like the coaches are staying away from Newton. 

11 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Disappointed about Sanders. 

If Ingram and Young are the only 2 back, we need 4 RBs ready to go. Young, has serious issues with ball security but I do like his power. 

Brown. Cain. I would hope Stevenson Bc he is day 1 ready and 235#. Then we could sit Brown. 

Our 3 primary carriers would be Ingram, Stevenson and Cain, Soph, Jr, True Fr. 

6 hours ago, okiehorn said:

@Sirhornsalot all my okielite buddies are raving about Barlow and seem to think he is a must get for them. Must be a solid player. Gundy is good at finding the diamonds in the rough 

With good reason. Versatile back, very good hands, can play with power or wiggle.

Last I checked he was committed to TCU. So Gundy will have to whip out the 40-yr-old man to get him.

4 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Disappointed about Sanders. 

If Ingram and Young are the only 2 back, we need 4 RBs ready to go. Young, has serious issues with ball security but I do like his power. 

Brown. Cain. I would hope Stevenson Bc he is day 1 ready and 235#. Then we could sit Brown. 

Our 3 primary carriers would be Ingram, Stevenson and Cain, Soph, Jr, True Fr. 

One of the sites that covers UT recruiting said they asked Sanders how many times he'd been to Bama. "Too many to count to be honest."

That was all you need to know.

Whatever back(s) we get, they need to be able to catch the football as part of their game.

7 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Sounds like ou is about to make a big push for WR Demaryion Houston.      

Yeah, they lost a WR commit a few days ago. He might flip, anything's possible. But IMO OU is making their push a little late in the game for a kid in their own back yard.

8 hours ago, HORNfromETX said:

Seems like the coaches are staying away from Newton. 

Well, when things began, there were two primary targets in Newton. One was Tazmuziah (sp?) Brown, a WR. However, he apparently was kicked off the team or couldn't keep his grades up and thus was no longer on the team. I have heard there's more to the story but its just speculation and not worth sharing.

IDK if there are any issues with Barlow. If there are, I haven't heard about it.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, texbound said:

I wouldn't put DB as #2, imo.  Texas had a great haul last year and followed it up with a very solid class of Marques Caldwell, Kenyatta Watson, Tyler Owens, and. Chris Adimora.  Not to mention Peyton Powell could be in the mix if his ceiling is higher on that side of the ball.  

Johnson, Sheppard, and Hoofkin (hipefully) is a decent grab for the Oline to go along with last years crop of Angliau, Gharmai, Moore, Jones. I think you grab one more JUCO or grad transfer Olineman and you have a solid core.

If McCoy and Cain want in you take them.  The only other position of immediate need is LB.  The Horns have a solid base with Gbenda, Floyd, and Tillman, but they need someone like Caleb Johnson who can contend for immediate playing time next year. Of course these are just my opinions.

10 DBSreturning plus 4 commits total of 14. Texas plays 5 DBS not even three deep. 8 LBS returning plus three commits

three deep plus two. Remember I said bodies not talent. As for OL 11 returning tw0 commits for 13 not three deep need 17 OL IMO.

23 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

10 DBSreturning plus 4 commits total of 14. Texas plays 5 DBS not even three deep. 8 LBS returning plus three commits

three deep plus two. Remember I said bodies not talent. As for OL 11 returning tw0 commits for 13 not three deep need 17 OL IMO.

I hear you on the numbers, but UT did well with 13 DBs on the roster this year.  I could see them increasing slightly, and I think they will be at 14 for next year (only losing Locke, Boyd and Davis).  However, on the LB crew I only count 6 returning (McCulloch, Townsend, Adeoye, Hobbs, Ossai, and Overshown).  I'm not sure you can count on Townsend being in the rotation and Roach will be back down on the line (probably taking over Charles spot). That's only 2 guys with real game time experience at LB.  I think it's extremely important they get Caleb Johnson.  This defense relies on its LB.  Just my opinion.

USC is essentially turning over the entire coaching staff except for the head man. Going to be all new faces on the offensive side of the ball with Martin now out. Bryan Ellis (QBs) heading to WKU to be OC. Fired the OL coach in Callaway during the season. I don’t understand the logic behind this for SC.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yeah, they lost a WR commit a few days ago. He might flip, anything's possible. But IMO OU is making their push a little late in the game for a kid in their own back yard.

I agree I read they haven’t even offered him yet things like usually don’t work out in ya favor