Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, Sundancekid said:

Another crystal ball for Noah Cain to Texas by Demetria Warren. How dialed in is he? I could live with this prediction coming to fruition. A nice running back class to spell Ingram is mandatory and Cain to Texas makes a lot of sense.

It’s not farfetched by any stretch. I think Cain and Texas makes a lot of sense the closer we get to decision time. 

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I hold out hope, bleak as it may be, for Trey Sanders to Texas. We REALLY made an impression on him when he visited. But I'll take Noah Cain and be happy. It would be a hoot to get both.

I don’t see them ending up at the same school. One way or the other I see Sanders playing his college ball in the SEC with Bama being the front runner. 

TFB had another update on McCoy today. I'll try to summarize:

– USC's weakness (stability in the program) is our strength. Thats not lost on the McCoys.

– McCoy has two friends in the USC program that he's fairly close to. QB JTD and WR ASB. They think McCoy will gauge their feelings at season's end. They note that McCoy played second fiddle to ASB in HS. (IMO, not sure why he's be eager to do that again.)

– It is now down to USC and Texas. There are no other schools in the mix now.

– Texas has confidence in this recruitment and it grows when USC shows disarray.

– Thinks McCoys are in a wait and see mode. Thinks they are comfortable with the idea of Bru going to Texas now. They're just waiting to see what happens with Helton and other moves (or lack of moves).

– Texas is stable. USC is not, at least for now. Said this will come down to whether the McCoys can believe USC is a stable place/program.

– Has one source that says if Helton keeps his job, Bru goes to USC.

He's calling it 60-40 USC-Texas right now. Thats better than it was a week ago.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

TFB had another update on McCoy today. I'll try to summarize:

– USC's weakness (stability in the program) is our strength. Thats not lost on the McCoys.

– McCoy has two friends in the USC program that he's fairly close to. QB JTD and WR ASB. They think McCoy will gauge their feelings at season's end. They note that McCoy played second fiddle to ASB in HS. (IMO, not sure why he's be eager to do that again.)

– It is now down to USC and Texas. There are no other schools in the mix now.

– Texas has confidence in this recruitment and it grows when USC shows disarray.

– Thinks McCoys are in a wait and see mode. Thinks they are comfortable with the idea of Bru going to Texas now. They're just waiting to see what happens with Helton and other moves (or lack of moves).

– Texas is stable. USC is not, at least for now. Said this will come down to whether the McCoys can believe USC is a stable place/program.

– Has one source that says if Helton keeps his job, Bru goes to USC.

what about if usc hires mccoy's high school coach.....

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

No, Cain still has a visit to Ohio State scheduled. FYI.

I don't think OSU will be a factor tho.

Not 100% sure, but I think I saw in the last week IT or somebody said he canceled the Ohio State OV.

6 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Not 100% sure, but I think I saw in the last week IT or somebody said he canceled the Ohio State OV.

He hasn't. He cancelled an OU visit.

Wasn't real impressed with Auburn or PSU after those visits.

TFB presented quotes from Cain today where he stated why he was going to visit OSU.

tumblr_nmr0pzkn9F1t5le0eo2_500.gif