Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

This means the staff feels good about one of several options:
-Bru McCoy is a real possibility
-Higgins may not get into Stanford and could fall into our laps
-LJH and Collin Johnson could one or both be returning next year

Texas has a legit shot at Bru. The staff has recruited him as well as they possibly could. 

I’m expecting Higgins to get accepted into Stanford. Would be odd for them to have him reapply and him get denied again. 

If I was a betting man, I’d say Texas gets one of LJ or CJ to stay in school. 

5 hours ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

This means the staff feels good about one of several options:
-Bru McCoy is a real possibility
-Higgins may not get into Stanford and could fall into our laps
-LJH and Collin Johnson could one or both be returning next year

Bru McCoy will have a spot regardless of whether LJH and CJ stay or go.

If Bru ends up at SC, we might be done with this WR class.

So we lead for Bru. I look at whats ahead for USC and how things could possibly change between now and NSD-1. I honestly don't see how USC can make up the gap unless we literally crap our pants on the field every week.

I watched the Lewisville-Flower Mound Marcus game this evening. Always a big game, battle of the axe.

I set out to take a look at FM Marcus' Marcel Brooks, the LSU pledge LB who recently flirted with us again.

Brooks was most noticeable on offense, playing WR, slot and QB at various times. He also played defense, but really didn't make many plays. He seemed more zeroed in on offense. (he played both ways)

You can see the raw athleticism in the way he moves on offense. He's not real good with the ball in his hands. Or at least he wasn't real effective tonight. His passes were, well, disappointing. But I didn't really expect to see a lot of offensive talent. His future is on D. And he wasn't standing out there.

With 1:50 left in the game, the Marcus coaches attempted to pull Brooks from the game (on offense). He refused and played another down. The next down, they pulled him and brought him to the sideline where he then threw a tantrum. The cameras caught it all.

They put Brooks back in as Marcus attempted to make a late drive. But they went nowhere.

All in all, I was not really impressed with Brooks as a defensive player. He should have stood out and didn't. I didn't like the way the FM coaching staff handled Brooks when he went insubordinate on them. He should have sat for the remainder of the game. I don't think its fair to have one set of rules for one kid and another set for the rest. That seemed to be the case.

10 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

USC is a total dumpster fire. Just lost to Cal for the first time since 2003 and got eliminated in the PAC 12 South. They were shut out in the second half and lost 15-14. 

Helton is a dead man walking. 

59 minutes ago, RDHookEm said:

Mom probably wants him to get his degree then make the jump 

59 minutes ago, RDHookEm said:

Mom probably wants him to get his degree then make the jump 

MOMS WILL ALWAY WHAT THERE KIDS TO GET THERE DEGREE