2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

30 minutes ago, Harrison Wier said:

I think Floyd will be the most college-ready of the freshmen. Caleb Johnson is the perfect replacement for Gary Johnson if Texas can beat out Oregon. I would think we’d see a ton of Adele Adeoye next season plugging up the middle. His issue is the staff doesn’t know how he’ll be in coverage. 

What about any of the other LBs Vaughns, Overshown, etc.? Do they need more time in the weight room before contributing?

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen that concludes the 2019 recruiting cycle. With this class now in the books, it is full steam ahead on to 2020 and beyond! Appreciate y’all following along as always. We will

I don’t live in Huntsville, but I am very involved with the high school. I have worked on an academic level Tee. I really respect him as a person.  The day he committed, he brought Corby Meekins

Posted Images

I saw a clip from last Friday's game – DeGabriel Floyd. Opposing team was on the 5 yd line and looking to score. RB comes up the middle, met by Floyd, who picked him up and slammed him to the turf for a loss.

Floyd drew a flag on the play and may have been suspended from the game, not sure. But it showed a sort of Dick Butkus type mentality, which is what you want in your Mike LB. Floyd was a huge find.

5 minutes ago, RDHookEm said:

What about any of the other LBs Vaughns, Overshown, etc.? Do they need more time in the weight room before contributing?

I think you’ll definitely see some of Overshown next year. The staff loves him. Vaughns is a great athlete but will need some more time to build his frame I believe. Both will contribute next year. 

Just spoke to my friend. He had much to say. Found it very interesting.

He said the Powell commitment is a direct effect of the OU game. He said that game had a profound effect on TH with regard to OU's speed.

Texas has speed, but OU has a few players who have that extra gear, so to speak. CD Lamb is one name that comes to mind.

Powell runs a 4.4 and also holds many qualities TH loves, namely versatility. But don't underestimate the 4.4 and know that TH is looking more seriously at speed. It should show up even more in the next class.

He said Powell will be tried at several different positions and depending on the results, could very well play those different positions here and there. They're not necessarily looking for just one spot to put him at.

I asked him about Caleb Johnson, as I know we're pressing to get another quality LB in this class. "Don't ask," he said.

23 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Just spoke to my friend. He had much to say. Found it very interesting.

He said the Powell commitment is a direct effect of the OU game. He said that game had a profound effect on TH with regard to OU's speed.

Texas has speed, but OU has a few players who have that extra gear, so to speak. CD Lamb is one name that comes to mind.

Powell runs a 4.4 and also holds many qualities TH loves, namely versatility. But don't underestimate the 4.4 and know that TH is looking more seriously at speed. It should show up even more in the next class.

He said Powell will be tried at several different positions and depending on the results, could very well play those different positions here and there. They're not necessarily looking for just one spot to put him at.

I asked him about Caleb Johnson, as I know we're pressing to get another quality LB in this class. "Don't ask," he said.

That explains why Herman has been into the speed alot

16 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Eric at IT was more positive on Sanders today. Said he got new info yesterday.. He said it's is currently a two team race between Texas & Bama. Had it even between the two today.  Expect lots of twist and turns with this one..

Put your hard hat on it's gonna be a bumpy ride

21 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Eric at IT was more positive on Sanders today. Said he got new info yesterday.. He said it's is currently a two team race between Texas & Bama. Had it even between the two today.  Expect lots of twist and turns with this one..

It should be noted that Sanders has his OV for LSU against Bama set and then has his Bama OV for the Iron Bowl set so he’ll basically see Bama up close and personal for two big games so I still think it’ll be a tough pull for us ! 

1 hour ago, Mogul312 said:

It should be noted that Sanders has his OV for LSU against Bama set and then has his Bama OV for the Iron Bowl set so he’ll basically see Bama up close and personal for two big games so I still think it’ll be a tough pull for us ! 

Good point. Both of those games will be huge, too.

1 hour ago, 83Dee said:

If by Boyd and Davis you mean BOTH starting corners.... I’d say that is REALLY bad news.  

I like it a lot. Let me explain...

I hate that our starting corners will be out, but I think the team will step up and overcome it. Herman is not going to let them get comfortable and this will give them focus. Secondly, and most importantly, he is not backing down from his standards and building a strong foundation, unlike what's happening at tcu. Patterson's win at all cost mentality is coming back to bite him in the ass.

3 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

I hate that our starting corners will be out, but I think the team will step up and overcome it. Herman is not going to let them get comfortable and this will give them focus. Secondly, and most importantly, he is not backing down from his standards and building a strong foundation, unlike what's happening at tcu. Patterson's win at all cost mentality is coming back to bite him in the ass.

What you really ment to say is they wont miss a beat and another team will score on their first drive.

5 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Also seems like a great opportunity to give next year's corners some butterfly-stomach / starting-on-the-road live action without too much risk. Knock on wood.