2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and gentlemen that concludes the 2019 recruiting cycle. With this class now in the books, it is full steam ahead on to 2020 and beyond! Appreciate y’all following along as always. We will

I don’t live in Huntsville, but I am very involved with the high school. I have worked on an academic level Tee. I really respect him as a person.  The day he committed, he brought Corby Meekins

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, texbound said:

I hope its Higgins and not McCoy you're referring to.  Not that I dont want Higgins in this class, but I hope they continue to have a chance with Bru. Having a chance with Bru means they have a better chance with Sanders.

It will be interesting with both of those two. I'm more cautiously optimistic with Bru than I am with Higgins. I better hope I'm wrong

4 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

It will be interesting with both of those two. I'm more cautiously optimistic with Bru than I am with Higgins. I better hope I'm wrong

In all honesty, I think the chances of UT landing McCoy and Sanders is somewhere between low to moderate at best.  However, its exciting to see Texas in the picture with both.  I think both have a spot no matter what if they want in.  I loved both of those guys when I watched the game they played last month.  Both are just major difference makers.

Just now, texbound said:

In all honesty, I think the chances of UT landing McCoy and Sanders is somewhere between low to moderate at best.  However, its exciting to see Texas in the picture with both.  I think both have a spot no matter what if they want in.  I loved both of those guys when I watched the game they played last month.  Both are just major difference makers.

This is a pretty accurate statement. 

6 minutes ago, texbound said:

Oh exactly. That's why I'm cautiously optimistic on Bru. I'm not really in content with Sanders. . We just have to see what happens. Stranger things have happened

2 minutes ago, texbound said:

The both of them? Good to moderate, with Sanders being the more doubtful of the two.

Sanders and McCoy both have us leading right now. If we continue to win and look good, it would take a highly successful visit elsewhere to change it. Especially McCoy.

At this point, there is nothing USC can say that he hasn't already heard a dozen times. There isn't anything Helton can do that he hasn't already done. So there's nothing waiting in the wings to save this recruitment for USC. It comes down to whats happening on the field – and personal matters that none of us will ever know about.

From what I've seen, USC has won but even in victory, they're not so impressive. The program definitely looks like its going in the wrong direction.

The McCoy thing is real. If NSD were to be tomorrow, he'd be a Horn. All we have to do is keep recruiting him the same way we have. It's been very successful so far.

IMO, McCoy's interest feeds Sanders. The two talk. I think they both can now seriously see themselves in those tightie whities. Beating OU, USC and TCU like we did was pretty impactful.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The both of them? Good to moderate, with Sanders being the more doubtful of the two.

Sanders and McCoy both have us leading right now. If we continue to win and look good, it would take a highly successful visit elsewhere to change it. Especially McCoy.

At this point, there is nothing USC can say that he hasn't already heard a dozen times. There isn't anything Helton can do that he hasn't already done. So there's nothing waiting in the wings to save this recruitment for USC. It comes down to whats happening on the field – and personal matters that none of us will ever know about.

From what I've seen, USC has won but even in victory, they're not so impressive. The program definitely looks like its going in the wrong direction.

The McCoy thing is real. If NSD were to be tomorrow, he'd be a Horn. All we have to do is keep recruiting him the same way we have. It's been very successful so far.

IMO, McCoy's interest feeds Sanders. The two talk. I think they both can now seriously see themselves in those tightie whities. Beating OU, USC and TCU like we did was pretty impactful.

The question leads though to Sander's family. From what I've been hearing his family wants him to close to home. However he is extremely close with Whittington

6 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm thinking Herman wants a recruiting footprint on the west coast and this year is serendipitous as the Pac12 is down as a whole. If I'm Herman I take any 4* from out west if they want to come, regardless of who has committed from elsewhere.