Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, TB14 said:

Leg is looking healthy!

i noticed he played some safety? How often is he doing that? Not sure I’d like that if I were Tom Herman or Tim Beck. 

His team has no defense to speak of so if he does play defense it is on critical downs when games need to be closed out like in that one. He has his work cut out this year. In the past he had the best WR in SETX and could put up points to where he wouldnt be needed on D.  Now the offense struggles mightily. If they have 400 total yards a game, Shug has 330 of them type of deal.

Also He felt like they would've been undefeated in the regular season last year had he played some CB against Nederland. The very next game in bi district, he ended the  72-69 TD fest vs Crosby with a game saving tackle on a hook and ladder play. Shug would've been a monster safety for those who have known him. 

2 hours ago, HORNfromETX said:

So could the reason Texas is looking at other WR candidates be because Collin Johnson/LJH might go pro due to their success this year?

I was pondering this earlier. Losing both would sting, so I imagine the staff is going to be doing some recruiting of them when the season wraps up. 

3 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Okay, from the nobody probably cares department, the wife just informed me that the son of the head coach for Melissa HS (where Kennedy Lewis plays) plays on the same flag football team as our grandson. 

Definitely sound like a done deal:D

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The Fong just CB'd Catalon to Arkiesaw. So perhaps Powell's sudden appearance in this thread has something to do with that?

Catalon was seen as a nickel back.

yeah, Catalon would be a NB. imo, Powell would be safety, havent seen many NB at 6-2. you see Powell as a NB?

We also have Kennedy Lewis coming in this weekend for an OV and he would imo be an X WR. Thats a ton of moving parts at Wr. 

Just now, TheContractor said:

yeah, Catalon would be a NB. imo, Powell would be safety, havent seen many NB at 6-2. you see Powell as a NB?

We also have Kennedy Lewis coming in this weekend for an OV and he would imo be an X WR. Thats a ton of moving parts at Wr. 

I can see Powell as a number of things. His interest is predicated by the fact that UT staff has agreed to let him give QB a whirl, if he comes.

9 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Okay, from the nobody probably cares department, the wife just informed me that the son of the head coach for Melissa HS (where Kennedy Lewis plays) plays on the same flag football team as our grandson. 

I care, NTG.  Does your grandson have an offer from us yet?

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

Man I was peeping around and this is not a misprint, but Kansas has one (1) commit for 2019!  Yikes!

Yeah, and to add insult to injury, Beatty is probably fired next month.

They'll be lucky to get a complete class together.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, Daniel Seahorn said:

The staff is taking the patient approach with spots being limited from here on out. Names will surface as they always do. 

IMO even if spaces are geting limited there better be room for 4 or 5 OL. If not it the same old problem OL will be weak spot on the team.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

IMO even if spaces are geting limited there better be room for 4 or 5 OL. If not it the same old problem OL will be weak spot on the team.

I gotta disagree, Trust in Herb Hand. What a brilliant pick up for Herman. This line is Night and day different then a year ago. Think about a couple years with him. Wow 

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

I think the key number to look at for OL is 15. You usually want 15 scholarship OL on the roster every year. I think Texas has right at 15 this year and lose at least 3 in Anderson, Rodriguez, and Vahe to graduation. Hopefully none of the others transfer. So I think Texas will take 4 OL this year.

9 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

I think the key number to look at for OL is 15. You usually want 15 scholarship OL on the roster every year. I think Texas has right at 15 this year and lose at least 3 in Anderson, Rodriguez, and Vahe to graduation. Hopefully none of the others transfer. So I think Texas will take 4 OL this year.

Don't forget you have Junior Angilau, Reese Moore, Christian Jones, and Rafitti Ghirmai with redshirts this year.

14 hours ago, Slimer said:

Man I was peeping around and this is not a misprint, but Kansas has one (1) commit for 2019!  Yikes!

They will get an influx of commitments when Mike Leach takes over in December.  

8 hours ago, HORNfromETX said:

Are you counting players redshirting in your optimum number??