Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:09 PM, HORNfromETX said:

So I think I saw the max number Texas could take this year was 27. So that leaves 9 spots open. Maybe it'll look something like this.

RB 1

WR 1 (Washington) 

LB 1 (Juco)

DB 1 (Catalon)

DL 2-3

OL 2-3 

**Also add a few grad transfers at a few positions. 

3 0r 4 OL IMO would be much better.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:44 AM, MBHORNSFAN said:

One program is trending down the other is trending up...

I would say both are trending up. New head coach and a pretty good def. cord. no way for the pigs but up. IMO

2 hours ago, Roschonsbigbro said:

Heard since we are the away team, recruits don't get the tickets unless they pay their own way so maybe but Idk. With how big it is im sure some will show up.  I really planned on making it down there though, bummer, got to work

If recruits want tickets they have to get them through Oklahoma if they are the home team. Any recruit there would be there as a guest of OU’s, but that doesn’t mean anything necessarily. Just how it works for neutral site games. 

2 hours ago, prosfromdover said:

I see the aggies are at number one on 247 with 25 guys. Does anyone know @ how many they can take this year? Sure would hate to see them end up in the top 3, much less have any success whatsoever.

I bet they end up being Top 5 ish after some other schools round their class out. 

2 hours ago, prosfromdover said:

I see the aggies are at number one on 247 with 25 guys. Does anyone know @ how many they can take this year? Sure would hate to see them end up in the top 3, much less have any success whatsoever.

Did a rating service redo their rankings?

4 minutes ago, prosfromdover said:

Yes 247 sports has them at one right now. Even if it's for one week I'm sure all their literature for the next five years will say "number one recruiting class!"

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

What I meant was what changed between today and yesterday when Bama was #1?

20 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

If recruits want tickets they have to get them through Oklahoma if they are the home team. Any recruit there would be there as a guest of OU’s, but that doesn’t mean anything necessarily. Just how it works for neutral site games. 

lol Shug aint picking up the phone for OU so theres that 

On 10/3/2018 at 3:44 PM, prosfromdover said:

I think they will take 26, but not entirely sure.

Thing is, everyone else only has 15-18 commits and are closing fast on aggy. They'll end up somewhere in the 5-8 range.