Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

20 hours ago, HORNfromETX said:

So I think I saw the max number Texas could take this year was 27. So that leaves 9 spots open. Maybe it'll look something like this.

RB 1

WR 1 (Washington) 

LB 1 (Juco)

DB 1 (Catalon)

DL 2-3

OL 2-3 

**Also add a few grad transfers at a few positions. 

Is that taking non graduating transfers into consideration?  I feel like Texas will lose a couple underclassmen after the season

23 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Arkiesaw mod put in a "VIP CB" for Catalon to the Pigs today.

My gut instinct here is that he's Arkansas, which BTW has the No. 16 ranked 2019 class in the country, the highest Arkansas ranked class in almost 20 years. Recruits know the absolute pile of shit Bielema left and this year is a wasted year. It won't be a whole lot better next year because probably all 25-27 members of this signing class will log significant playing time. That's usually not a good thing. 

27 minutes ago, NWAHorn said:

My gut instinct here is that he's Arkansas, which BTW has the No. 16 ranked 2019 class in the country, the highest Arkansas ranked class in almost 20 years. Recruits know the absolute pile of shit Bielema left and this year is a wasted year. It won't be a whole lot better next year because probably all 25-27 members of this signing class will log significant playing time. That's usually not a good thing. 

I agree. I love Catalon. He's someone who can be used in multiple ways. But I'm starting to think our depth chart is causing him some pause.

He can walk in and start right away up there. He can be a star in short time. I don't think he can do that here.

4 hours ago, TexExSpur said:

Is Texas recruiting Catalon as an ATH and Arky as a DB....

I was under the impression that he was being recruited as a safety and baseball guy with a small chance of playing multiple positions on the field if he shows he can do it

56 minutes ago, poconolonghorn said:

Are any recruits going to this game?

Heard since we are the away team, recruits don't get the tickets unless they pay their own way so maybe but Idk. With how big it is im sure some will show up.  I really planned on making it down there though, bummer, got to work

3921 Martin Luther King Jr., Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75210

9 minutes ago, Roschonsbigbro said:

Heard since we are the away team, recruits don't get the tickets unless they pay their own way so maybe but Idk. With how big it is im sure some will show up.  I really planned on making it down there though, bummer.

Yes, Texas is not allowed to host this game since they are away. Remember when Adrian Peterson came to the Texas/OU game as a Texas recruit his senior year.