Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

Carrington retweeted the "sshh" from early August (supposedly Gbenda).  Might be happening soon.

Watching Johnson fly around and knowing he and Wheeler are seniors and have so few bodies behind them I can't imagine why big LB recruits aren't lining up to play for Orlando next year.

47 minutes ago, prosfromdover said:

Watching Johnson fly around and knowing he and Wheeler are seniors and have so few bodies behind them I can't imagine why big LB recruits aren't lining up to play for Orlando next year.

We got Gbenda and Floyd I the boat now. Owens and Overshown can fill those roles as well. I think we I’ll be fine at LB. DE and DT is what I’m more worried about.  May need to look at Juco route again

1 minute ago, rddonato said:

We got Gbenda and Floyd I the boat now. Owens and Overshown can fill those roles as well. I think we I’ll be fine at LB. DE and DT is what I’m more worried about.  May need to look at Juco route again

Isn’t the Florida commit a LB as well?

So I think I saw the max number Texas could take this year was 27. So that leaves 9 spots open. Maybe it'll look something like this.

RB 1

WR 1 (Washington) 

LB 1 (Juco)

DB 1 (Catalon)

DL 2-3

OL 2-3 

**Also add a few grad transfers at a few positions. 

Edited by HORNfromETX

33 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

So I think I saw the max number Texas could take this year was 27. So that leaves 9 spots open. Maybe it'll look something like this.

RB 1

WR 1 (Washington) 

LB 1 (Juco)

DB 1 (Catalon)

DL 2-3

OL 2-3 

**Also add a few grad transfers at a few positions. 

They are likely going to need more than one JUCO LB. 

27 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

@Daniel Seahorn where do we stand with the Juco Kid that played where G Johnson came from? Believe he was a LB... maybe.... did he already commit somewhere?

Committed to Tennessee and things have been pretty quiet since. But Tennessee hasn’t been great so I’m sure the staff is staying in touch in case he gets wondering eyes.

2 hours ago, prosfromdover said:

Any info on AA's progress? He's going to be very important next year (or this year if we have another injury).

Haven’t heard much on him since the injury, but he’s been practicing and suiting up for games. I bet we see him down the line when the coaches decide to start utilizing the new redshirt rule to get guys experience. 

I have a question, if Marcus Washington commits to the Horns and the Horns or still sitting good with McCoy do they still take Higgins if he wants in?  I know Bru is better suited to be a LB, but he is pretty damn good as a WR.  Smith, Whittington, Houston, Washington and McCow is a lot of WRs.

19 minutes ago, texbound said:

I have a question, if Marcus Washington commits to the Horns and the Horns or still sitting good with McCoy do they still take Higgins if he wants in?  I know Bru is better suited to be a LB, but he is pretty damn good as a WR.  Smith, Whittington, Houston, Washington and McCow is a lot of WRs.

They will never turn down Bru. He has a spot no matter what regardless of numbers. They are trying on Higgins, but he seems to favor a couple of other schools more.